xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Duox Will Not Flash!  (Read 20 times)

gfreire

• Archived User
Duox Will Not Flash!
« on: October 04, 2004, 07:38:00 PM »

I am having a problem!! I purchased 2 DuoX modchips.  One of them works perfect, lets me flash it and everything doesnt frag, working great.  Now the other one i am having a problem with.  I installed both in v1.0 xbox's.  When i try to flash the chip with Evox it says Flash not writeable!  I have shorted the two points to enable flashing and checked them with a voltmeter and there is connectivity.  It looks to me that the BT and the D0 are fine since it loads both the MS bios and the Xecuter2 bios which came preflashed with it.  It runs fine also doesnt frag but just wont allow me to flash it for some weird reason.  I have even gone to the extreme and decide to unshort the points to see if by defect it worked the wrong way, but no luck same error occurs.  I followed the traces on the chip and they seem to be fine checked them with a voltmeter and they run into the AMD flash chip.  Im stuck have no clue on what can be possible wrong!  Just purchased these chips last week.  I did a wire install.  If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.