xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: So You Have Error 16 Uh?  (Read 362 times)

zuido10

• Archived User
So You Have Error 16 Uh?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2004, 07:36:00 PM »

ON this topic, I have a retailed purchesed x-box.  One day I went to play it and this error 16 comes on.  I have never opened it, and never tinkered with it.  What fixes are avialable, It seems the ones you guys have supplied is to people who have already modded the xbox.  Any help would be great, and I think it is time to mod this box to unlock its full potential

d45acp

• Archived User
So You Have Error 16 Uh?
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2005, 01:15:00 PM »

uhh.gif

decisive

• Archived User
So You Have Error 16 Uh?
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2005, 12:49:00 PM »

Hi all,

In order to get an xbox as cheaply as possible, I'm considering buying an xbox that has the error16 problem from ebay. I don't have an xbox already, nor do I know anybody with an xbox- modded or otherwise. Will a modchip which allows flashing via usb connection to a PC allow me to fix this error, or am I reading this wrong? I'm referring to the first solution of the post.

TIA,
Chris (decisive)

unrealskill

• Archived User
So You Have Error 16 Uh?
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2005, 11:49:00 PM »

yo 4979 bios will skip the clock check to

Insane33

• Archived User
So You Have Error 16 Uh?
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2005, 04:26:00 PM »

how can u fix it if your xbox is not moded?

bozo8787

• Archived User
So You Have Error 16 Uh?
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2005, 01:08:00 AM »

if my box is not modded could I use a modchip reformat hdd then remove modchip so I can then TSOP it?

pfj_official

• Archived User
So You Have Error 16 Uh?
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2005, 09:20:00 AM »

Hi,

I have managed to f**k up my niece's xbox by using Auto Installer Deluxe and the Splinter Cell exploit.  I choose the back up option first before I installed the softmod or dashboard in case anything went wrong (which it did of course). Midway through installation I got a green screen and error 21 message.  So i choose the restore to M$ dash option and rebooted and surprise surprise Error 16.  I have tried cold booting and get the same service required screen.

So for the past couple of days i've been reading and searching all I can on the forums regarding this and thought that I would hot swap the hard drive and use Xboxhdm V1.9 to remedy this. I have prepared my Linux disc and am ready to go.

However, while reading today I came across this post :

http://forums.xbox-s...=ST&f=3&t=53268

I have a modded box so would I be able to do this instead?

Do i just unlock my hard drive with slayers then remove it and replace it with corrupted drive then reboot with modchip on?

What i don't understand is how after you replace the corrupted drive back in its own xbox how do you lock it again if no mod installed?  Will it just work again once connected and booted up?  Im sorry to be so vague but I want to get this clear before I attempt anything else.

Also, do I unlock my hard drive then power off and remove it? Or leave it on?

Confusion mounts....!

Sorry for such a long and winding post,

D.

beeny

• Archived User
So You Have Error 16 Uh?
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2005, 09:41:00 AM »

Do you have the eeprom to the softmodded box ?

pfj_official

• Archived User
So You Have Error 16 Uh?
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2005, 10:41:00 AM »

sad.gif

It f**ked up before I could get anything backed up via FTP.

lmb03

• Archived User
So You Have Error 16 Uh?
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2006, 12:00:00 AM »

I have a softmodded xbox, and I luckily extracted all the files inside my hdd before i f**ked it up! I have the eeprom, and my xbox will read burn media, but all of a sudden it stopped reading them, and then I started getting an error 16!

I already have Slayer's EvoX on a CD, but it wont read it. Is there a way to fix my problem?

craig266

• Archived User
So You Have Error 16 Uh?
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2006, 07:08:00 AM »

Hi, here's my situation. I have softmodded 4 xboxes for my son, 2 nephews and one niece. They have all but one come down with the now infamous error 16 within the space of 3 days although they have been working fine. They are all version 1.6 except the one that is still working which is a v1.1  uhh.gif  They all display the classic symtom of fraging and will do nothing. You cannot play any disks of any description. Has anyone managed to sort this out. I have tried hotswaping the drives from the working one after I had unlocked it but whichever box I put it in I got error 5. Has anyone know of a way around this problem??? I hope so cos the kids are driving me mad. mad.gif

I see there are many others who have had this problem before me. From what I read, a possible solution would be to put a chip in all the boxes, this causes me 2 problems.

Firstly I am not financially able to purchse the necessary hardware and equipment and secondly I am unable to fit them as I shake like a sh*ting dog due to having a stroke.

Any help would be much appreciated  smile.gif

JrracinFan8

• Archived User
So You Have Error 16 Uh?
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2006, 06:08:00 PM »

Just to post more on this process, I REPEAT YOU CAN FIX THIS WITHOUT A MODCHIP:

All you need is:
1- The 5960 Dashboard from SlaYer'S
2-XboxHDM (Using hotswap method)
3-To be able to resoftmod your drive if you wish to do so.

OcnewB

• Archived User
So You Have Error 16 Uh?
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2003, 06:42:00 AM »

When browsing these forums i see more and more posts about clock settings going wrong and posts about error 16. Here the basics for rescuing your precioussss

Basically it comes down to this. error 16 has to do with not finding the menu setting with which you can set the clock of the hdd. This happens to a lot of people that:
1. Erase there hdd (original/upgraded) and after that they dont immediatly install the hdd but leave the xbox without power longer than 5 hours.

It's all about the hdd can;t find the menu with which it can set the clock. This is mostly because the xbox hdd is empty (you removed dashboard or fux0red with ftpp). The problem arises when xbox searches for menu to set clock with, can't find it and voila: error 16. Well read on please!

So you have an error 16 uh? Don't worry "nothing" is broken!

You have an xbox hdd that is locked. And normally you can boot in original and modded mode. Retail or Upgraded doesnt matter. You start playing around with msdashboard.xbe default.xbe that sort off stuff using ftp programs. While doing this you "accidently" remove your msdashboard and also the evo-x dashboard so there is no dash anymore on the xbox hdd. You end the ftp session and after that  you shut off your xbox. Normally when you would start up again it gives you an error 13/14 ( no dashboard found). No worries with a slayer evo-x cd all is ok. BUT this is only WITHIN 3 hours or so.

This is becuz the internal clock of the xbox will only be kept alive by the condensators for only 3 hours or 4 . So when you leave your xbox unplugged form electricity for over 5 hours after you have played with the .xbe's AND you have removed your (ms and evox)dash from your xbox than you are fux0red. Why do you ask?
Why can't i boot from cd?

Its as follows
Xbox starts booting==> (almost 1st thing a xbox does is) searches for internal clock==> doesnt find internal clock becuz there hasnt been any electricity on the xbox for 5 hours so battery that kept clock alive is empty and clock is gone.==> searches for the proper dashboard menu to set clock with ==> doesnt find msdashboard or evo-x dashboard menu becuz you d*mbo have removed it from the hdd for whatever reasons you had==>xbox gives error 16: cannot set clock.

So what do you do about it? Two options!

1. There are some bios'es around that allow the chip to boot past the clocksetting. (do a search!).So how do you get that bios on your chip becuz you cant boot to a flash program or something. Well you need to have an external flasher.

*edit*
Posted by: "chris67rs" It seems the d6 bios will take care for you of booting past the clocksetting.
thanks chris67rs for sorting this out for me
*/edit*

2. This is the more easy and newbie friendly strategy
-Get a friend with a modded xbox.
-Unlock his hdd with eeprom management from a slayer evo-x cd.
-Than, place his hdd in your xbox.
-Boot with your chip on.
-Now the xbox DOES find a dashboard when you boot in original mode and you can set the time in the msdashboard clock settings.
-Shut off xbox and remove your friends hdd
-PLace his hdd back in his xbox and lock it again
-Install your hdd
-(clock has been set) So boot up with slayer cd.
-Install normally whatever you wanna install
-lock hdd

Thats all!
Good luck

I am not reasponsible for whatever happens to your xbox when executing my thingys. It's just what i found to be working so don't blame me when you fux0r your xbox. Without this your xbox would even be more fux0red so... Have fun and good luck

*edit*
2nd thingy, i dont know if this'll work on other chips than the exector 2 lite/pro's. It sure does work for them but i do not know about matrix/chameleon etc.
*/edit*

eznow

• Archived User
So You Have Error 16 Uh?
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2003, 06:25:00 AM »

thanks nice information, but which bios's skip the clock settings :) sorry had to ask

OcnewB

• Archived User
So You Have Error 16 Uh?
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2003, 06:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (eznow @ May 9 2003, 03:18 PM)
thanks nice information, but which bios's skip the clock settings smile.gif sorry had to ask

I have no idea actually unsure.gif , accept for the fact i know "they" exist. heard something about d6 or something. No idea further.

I always use my "newbie" method  biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6