xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Need Help Desperatly With Openxbox(lik-sang)  (Read 92 times)

Inuyasha

• Archived User
Need Help Desperatly With Openxbox(lik-sang)
« on: March 02, 2003, 03:13:00 AM »

The cable is meant to be that way. so dont worry about that. Just make sure you have the xbox powered up when you try to flash the chip else the flasher wont see the chip.

nx-neon

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2003, 07:06:00 AM »

it is powered up when i try to flash it.  It doesn't see it.  i don't know anyone know where i can get the version 1.2 of the pcbioxx flasher??   Thanks
Dave

Scimmia

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2003, 07:14:00 AM »

Try a different computer. Some motherboards aparently won't recognize the PC-Bioxx, such as my old Abit KT7A.

nx-neon

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2003, 07:32:00 AM »

if i take the xbox up to a diff computer, do i need to have it plugged into a tv or no?  sorry..  And also, since the PCBioXX isn't flashed, is that why the xbox keeps defaulting to factory Bios?  I thought it  would start up  to blank screen or something once the chip was installed
thanks again for all your help
Dave

KamelRed

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2003, 07:56:00 AM »

Xboxs flashing Red and Green (or FRAG as its known as in the scene) is good thing on installed UNFLASHED mod chips. So basically it seems your mod chip is wired right you just need to flash the bios.

Scimmia

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2003, 08:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (KamelRed @ Mar 2 2003, 09:56 AM)
Xboxs flashing Red and Green (or FRAG as its known as in the scene) is good thing on installed UNFLASHED mod chips. So basically it seems your mod chip is wired right you just need to flash the bios.

well, not exactly. the pc-bioxx just defaults back to the original bios. Other mods will give you that error, but not pc-bioxx.

nx-neon, the xbox doesn't have to be connected to a tv to flash the pc-bioxx. if you don't have an av kit plugged in, the xbox will flash green/orange, but it doesn't matter at all, as long as the mod has power.

bamma

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2003, 08:47:00 AM »

i've tried to flash thiese chips with 2 pc's running xp and they dont detect the mod chip...
as x-neon said try a different pc prefrably without xp on. ive flashed with 2000 and 98 without problems.....

nx-neon

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2003, 09:52:00 PM »

well, i'm still having a hell of a time, i just reinstalled chip.. made sure all connections solid.. still no recognition.. tried another pc.. gonna go and try it again since reinstall.
Dave

after reinstall of chip, all solder joints good, tried to flash on XP pc and 98 PC...   i'm gonna smash it!!! LOL..
any other suggestions???

Bird333

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2003, 05:51:00 AM »

Try changing the parallel port settings in your bios.  You also may want to try a different printer cable.

GL

nx-neon

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2003, 08:42:00 AM »

Here's question... the cable i have is male to male filesharing cable..  Is this the right thing?  Arent these the same as a network crossover cable??  I don't friggin know all i know is i hate this thing
dave

nx-neon

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2003, 12:57:00 PM »

BTW, what is the jumper on the side of the chip for??  Doesn't say anywhere what that's for...  
Hope someone can help me out here, i'm freakin
Dave

nx-neon

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2003, 10:32:00 AM »

*bump*

nx-neon

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2003, 05:23:00 PM »

Well i've decided to swap out the PCBioXX Chip for a Matrix. Hopefully!!! This one will flash, and work.  The PCBioXX will not flash, i don't know if i got a bad chip, or if i'm retarded.  I know it's installed properly, and i did it 3 times to see if i may have missed something or had a bad solder connection.  Any input on the matrix would be great.
Dave

nx-neon

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2003, 08:04:00 PM »

WOOT!!! Went over there to www.gamesx.de and found the info needed.. it turned out you are supposed to get a gender changer cable with the PCBioXX Chip along with the ribbon cables, however i didnt.  so i bought a PC Fileshare cable which isn't correct.. AL I needed was a 25pin Serial Cable and a gender changer connector available from radio shack and it recognized and flashed.. i recomend anyone ever having problems with there PCBioXX boards GO THERE>. they got it all together.. Now i can enjoy the full benefits of the box.
Thanks again for all the attempts
Dave