xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Red Green Flashing Problem After 3 Months?!  (Read 109 times)

gmgriot

• Archived User
Red Green Flashing Problem After 3 Months?!
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2002, 12:01:00 PM »

I have a matrix and evox on the hdd.  colormod,err,noani

Today tried to update the IDE cable from 33, 100.  At first I put in backwards (xbox oppisite direction than PC).  With the wrong direction I got self reseting, red/green flashing.  Then reversed cord booted up fine played some DOA3.  Replaced all part booted and again with the flashing lights.  Replaced the 33 wiring and replaced everything.  Works great agian.  

So at first I thought it was the ata100 cable or direction but it may be the cable displacing the matrix position or cable not fully connected to MB/dvdrom/Hdd.  Just a thought.  Not gonna try to reproduce error just glad it is working.  BTW got the red Xbox logo never got an error screen so it would seem bios not fully engaged.

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2002, 01:30:00 PM »

QUOTE (Ripklawe @ Nov 3 2002, 06:49 PM)
I actually had mine working for awhile. But now all i get is a random lock on the flub screen. sometimes it will lock with only a little green dot (beginning of the flub) or sometimes i will actually get a good ways into it. But it still locks.

Ripklawe

Yeap something is royally screwed with the BIOS.

Pull the mod chip out, double check the Xbox to see if you can get a COMPLETE animation sequence, then reflash the mod chip.

xdrei

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2002, 08:33:00 PM »

what about me?  the modchip i'm using is an extender clone (home brew by premodded.com).  i dont know if it replaces the bios or patches it (i guess it does what the extender does).  also opjose what do u think of the lpc mod in my case?  where do i get it and how do i install it.  

also, if anybody knows where to find diagrams for where the points on an extender are supposed to be soldered into the xbox motherboard that would be helpfull cause some points came off while i was messing around with the homebrew extender clone on my xbox...

thx

xdrei

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2002, 09:01:00 PM »

actually, i think my mod  is an enigmah clone... not x-tender.  Is the enigmah the type that patches the onboard bios and could that be the problem?  also, if there was a lifted trace, it would be pretty obvious right, and if so i could fix it right?  i think it's very possible my onboard bio is fried cause i tried taking the clone modchip out and the xbox still didn't work.  You guys think putting an x-ecuter think that would solve my problem?

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2002, 06:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ripklawe @ Nov 4 2002, 02:34 AM)
Op, I am afraid you mis-understand. I am throughly convinced that my ONBOARD bios are shot. I will give you 2 reasons why I think this:

1). With the modchip NOT in the X-Box, all I get is the red and green flashing lights.

2). When I DID manage to get my matrix mod to work, I had the dip switch set to MODE 3 which is the bios swap mode. However, when I press reset, instead of it going to my original bios (identified by the original green "X" logo), it showed the orange "X" logo of my Matrix chip bios.

If you can reflash your ONBOARD bios, why not just flash it with Evox 2.5? You wouldn't even NEED a modchip then. Just a thought.

The RED/GREEN doen't necessarily mean the on board bios is shot, it may be that the BIOS chip itself is fine, buy you've screwed up the "third" contact point by wiggling the mod chip around too much.

In all cases, this needs to be fixed FIRST!

Re: On board bios flashing.

This is correct except that you cannot flash the on board TSOP if you are using an LPC mod chip such as yours.

To flash the on board TSOP you need an 11/29 wire mod chip such as the Xtender.

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2002, 06:04:00 AM »

QUOTE (xdrei @ Nov 4 2002, 04:01 AM)
actually, i think my mod  is an enigmah clone... not x-tender.  Is the enigmah the type that patches the onboard bios and could that be the problem?  also, if there was a lifted trace, it would be pretty obvious right, and if so i could fix it right?  i think it's very possible my onboard bio is fried cause i tried taking the clone modchip out and the xbox still didn't work.  You guys think putting an x-ecuter think that would solve my problem?

The Enigmah is a BIOS PATCHER not a full mod chip.

If you screw up the TSOP, the Enigmah will not work at all.

Lifted traces are NOT always obvious. You really need to check the interconnects to find out if anything is amiss with a trace.

xdrei

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2002, 09:51:00 PM »

smile.gif ).  But i'm so happy right now that words cannot describe it, and it's thanx to yall.  Plus, now i can finally order my xbox beta live kit since i know my xbox is working  biggrin.gif .  

SO HAPPY.

THANK YOU ALL!!!

fatmatt51

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2002, 10:12:00 PM »

what i dont understand is how your box would work for months if your points were wrong. i have the exact prob you had. with the turn on and off twice, then red and green.
could it have something to do with the dvd rom? cause i think my was bad anyway. when i try to xbcopy it would crap ot half way.
Pages: 1 [2]