xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xtender Diagram Confusion  (Read 64 times)

winmcp

• Archived User
Xtender Diagram Confusion
« on: August 07, 2002, 05:43:00 AM »

Yesterday, I got myself an Xtender Eprom chip from my local dealer, with the chip came a piece of paper telling me that I had the "Eprom" version, so it is not the SMT board it is just the chip. It also had a link to these diagrams http://www.xbox-scene.com/modchips/ownmod_...d_diagrams.html

When I arrived at the webpage to begin my venture, I was dissapointed to find that the first 2 arrowed points on the diagram were left blank, in other words, they had indicator arrows, but with no numbers on??????

so I say to myself WTF!!!! and sink into a state of depression :( as I dont seem to be able to get any help

I did find some alternative diagrams, but these seem to be designed with the SMT version in mind and also seem to differ quite a bit from the intended (original) diagrams I was given.

I cant seem to find anyone who can tell me for sure what to do? - I sent an email to xbox-scene yesterday, but still have got no reply, I guess they are busy, but when your all revved up with no where to go that doesen't help any :(

Finally, if you look at the "original" diagram, there is a point that say "Link to point 32" - does this mean that I put a link wire to between there and point32 on the diagram ???

So if any 1 can help in here, I would be really grateful indeed :)

Thanx :D

C-5

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2002, 06:09:00 AM »

Did you not notice this right above the pic??

The two unused points are only two additional Adress-Lines for the Chip (with which you can access everything beyong 256 kByte) ... so they are NOT needed.

winmcp

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2002, 06:16:00 AM »

To be honest, yes I did notice it, but was not totally sure if they were reffereing to these arrows or not? - I couldn't get my head around why they would put 2 arrows on the diagram if they are of no use - this was my dilemma.

Do you know for sure that this is the case or like me are you speculating?

Thanx ;)

CaliSurfer008

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2002, 12:46:00 PM »

When I installed my Xtender chip...I didnt install those 2 points just like it said...and it didn't work...I went back and soldered those 2 points and wham...worked like a charm! The Top one is point 1 and the lower one is point 2                    

winmcp

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2002, 03:42:00 PM »

Thanx for the reply m8 ;) but when I returned to the diagram I noticed that the "third" point down is actually point 2 which leaves me even more puzzled by your reply :0

I can go with the top one being point 1 but the second cannot be 2 ?

Thanx anyway

I'm starting to think I should forget this chipping lark :(                    

rzyzzy

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2002, 12:16:00 AM »

Looks like these guy's ripped off the pictures from Lik-Sang's site and renumbered them...  There were rumors for a while with the original (factory-built) extenders that you didn't need to install wires 1 and 2, but I've seen several posts from people stating it wouldn't work unless everything was hooked up... -

The original diagrams are still at Lik-Sang if anybody needs them...
Might be a good idea to archive them yourself while they're still out there...

http://www.lik-sang.com/?click=con-xtender-link

winmcp

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2002, 08:02:00 PM »

Thanx 4 the reply there m8, I was beginning to feel like a leper :D
Amid the abscence of any helpful replies over the past few day's as no-one seems to know, I spoke to the dealer where I bought the chip, only to find that the guy who does his chipping has "Never" used one of these baby's :) so they offered to swap me for the smt / pcb version of the chip

It just keeps getting better :)

At least there are tried & tested diags for that one & I can go ahead and do the job without sweating too much :D :D :D

But.....what a pain in the ass it has been  :angry:

cya  :rolleyes:                    

XcalibEr

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2002, 04:06:00 AM »

this arrows are taken from xtender installation diagrams!!

since the Xtender uses 8bmit FLASH roms this points are for the 2 MSB of address bus.

if you'r using 2Mbit FLASH bios ie. 29f020 or 29F002, then you don't need to connect those points.

you only need to if you use 29F040 or 29f080 , for the first (wich is 4mbit) you need to connect just one of them (point 2 of xtender diagrams to A17 of the chip) , and of the second you need to connect the both of them (points 1,2 of xtender diagrams to A17,A18 to the chip)

winmcp

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2002, 06:01:00 PM »

Thanx for that reply my friend :D :D :D