xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xtender Stopped Working!  (Read 31 times)

MdRT

• Archived User
Xtender Stopped Working!
« on: June 11, 2002, 02:55:00 PM »

biggrin.gif But make sure your installation was correct, because if you had problems installing it, you could have nearly killed it and it just happened after a while.

I've had it for 2 weeks and no problems.
*knock on wood*

As for the date reset doesn't that happen only when the cord isn't plugged in? (no "passive" current i.e. turned off but connected) Hmmm.

Sorry just saw you do have experience, did you tape the wires so that they didn't make contact with any other surface?  Just an idea.
Who did you buy it from?

DeMOnS

• Archived User
Xtender Stopped Working!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2002, 03:10:00 PM »

wink.gif and still gives me another 29 wires to solder AGAIN and the pain of getting the old ones off.

pCeSlAyEr

• Archived User
Xtender Stopped Working!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2002, 06:39:00 PM »

yea I noticed after my enigmah was installed after being unplugged for around 2 1/2 hours the clock set doesn't come up..... maybe that is an easier way of seeing if your chip was installed correctly...

but as for the chip not working any more, did you check the wires that connect to the pbc as well as the one's on the board? if so try removing and redoing it(yes the whole chip). why not? you have nothing to lose.... if that aint it maybe 5v isn't such a good voltage to use(people can be wrong...even after testing) or maybe u were unlucky and got a bad chip...

Duece

• Archived User
Xtender Stopped Working!
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2002, 08:40:00 AM »

wink.gif

fdasfdsfa

• Archived User
Xtender Stopped Working!
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2002, 09:54:00 AM »

Quote (Duece @ Jun 12 2002, 02:40 PM)
It's reasons like this why I want to wait a little while onger before I get a chip.  Extender doesn't seem to be having any problems at all now, just the recently released Enigmahs........I will just have to get an Extender or Messiah-X wink.gif

I agree.  I'd also shoot myself if they came out with something like a 3-wire solution the week after.  I'm going to wait until Xbox Live is up and running also.

MdRT

• Archived User
Xtender Stopped Working!
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2002, 02:26:00 PM »

Demons, flash your own chip, leave the wires on the Xbox mobo intact and just do the other ends with the new one (depending on how clean they are), that way you can test out whats going on.
If you can't flash it tell me, maybe we can work something out, for free of course just supply the chip.

MdRT

• Archived User
Xtender Stopped Working!
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2002, 05:53:00 PM »

My mobo can flash PLCC-32 Flash Roms.
Check these 2 sites out for them:
http://www.mouser.co...&lst_pcode=511K
http://www.mouser.co.../cat_610/99.pdf

M29F002BT70K1 or choose one that is compatible. either 2M, 4M, 8M in size.

In San Diego, CA btw.