xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Whats Ur Greatest Screw Up?  (Read 1117 times)

Softco Industries

• Archived User
Whats Ur Greatest Screw Up?
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2004, 03:43:00 AM »

biggrin.gif
While the box was on, I decided to touch the PSU...
ShOcKeD!!
Hurts like hell, you fly back too.  Meh, I survived to tell the tale, that's all that matters.  Also, while the box was on, I let 2 lpc points touch while soldering (hotswapping).  Doesn't do much, but make huge sparks.  I did the same with 2 HDD Wires, the whole box shut off.  Worked fine, just turned it back on.  Scared the shiat outta me.

Funny other story, while I was at school, my friend decided to make some weird thing for a project plug into the wall (I did one before him for a Science project) and they were scared to test it.  I was testing which wires made it work, and I just happened to touch the Positive and Negative of live power together.  Made a friggin loud spark and sound, the teacher yelled at me, it was funny as hell.  That spark was just a little close to my face for comfort...

1nick9

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2004, 04:11:00 AM »

1.was soldering a cheaplpc in and my cat rub up on my arm droping a blob of solder in the tsop legs (got it cleaned up)
2.had the xbox pluged in, i was holding abit of wire and i forgot the xbox was pluged in and lifted the power supply off the desk(i had it out of the case cause i was fixing the tsop with a 29wire mod) and the bit of wire short circuited the power supply (australia mains 220-240) but luckly i was holding the insulated part of the iwre that had a big as flash and i couldn't see for like 2mins and it scaried the shit out of me

Ben999_

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2004, 05:37:00 AM »

laugh.gif
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

for some reason my image hosting isn't working right now, but it should be back up in not too long

UndercoverPunker

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2004, 06:52:00 AM »

laugh.gif

polyesterjones

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2004, 07:06:00 AM »

also, was fiddling with my dremel, and went to scratch my head, and managed to slice through the side of my face, about half a centimetre from my eye..
had to have 4 stitches and an injection through the bottom of my eye to numb it!
got a nice scar now!

You might as well have been scratching your head with a loaded gun, or getting someting out of your eye with a drill.   laugh.gif

Pullout Method

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2004, 07:16:00 AM »

Lessee... Where to start?
The time I almost cut my finger off while cutting a cardboard template and watching TV? No.
The NUMEROUS times I've almost lost a finger opening a can of Catfood? No.
Hooking Leds up backwards and smelling smoke coming from my controller when I turned my Xbox on? No.

No I think the most annoying time I've ever had was when I was putting a plexi window in the front of My PC, using plasti-weld, and though hey it'll stay in that upright position thanks to the weld, and walked off. I'dcut beveled edges on both the plexi and the case so it'd sit flush. It slid out thanks to those beveled edges and I walked back to find that my tower was now bonded to both the Plexi and now the plexi was bonded to my desk. Ruined the case, and caused me alot of sanding and a re-veneering to the desk.

estin

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2004, 08:00:00 AM »

hey guys, got another one.  just happend last night.  i was dremeling the edge clean from my HDD tray for the 80mm and a bit of hot plastic flew in my eye too!  it was small but hurt like a bitch. i ran into the bathroom and got it out.  after that i went to the hardware store and bought some nice safety glasses.

exobyte

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2004, 08:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Mar 2 2004, 08:57 AM)
Anyone got pics of their fuckups so that we may all learn (or laugh)

smile.gif

Feed the Demonz

I want to see pics of the blood and scars.

Reading through this- some guys here are bigger sissies than the hello kitty xbox guy.

My worst story- bad mod solder.  It started to frag after a few months.

Where did the duct tape go?

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2004, 08:34:00 AM »

first let me say this thread is freekin awesome

next let me share another story (i got a million)

some of you may know some of you may not I used to work as an arcade technition. one day the 32" screen on the beachhead 2000 machine died, we were pretty sure it was one of the transisters on the monitor board because it'd had the problem before. one of the other technitions was helping me out, I went to go get some tools and told him to use the safeback (a tool used to safely ground a CRT's high voltage line) and ground out the monitor. I came back and  started taking off the boards... started un plugging all the connectors... grabed the HV line and BAAAM! knocked me back about 3ft into a metal pole.... have electrical burn scars on my hand from that one. not only that my whole arm was sore for two weeks (the electricity tightens up every muscle in your arm)

from now on I ground out everything MYSELF... dont trust others with your saftey.

Ebay.God

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2004, 08:52:00 AM »

tongue.gif  I love this thread too, teaches everyone how much of a moron some people are and how to stay safe tongue.gif

sk8phreak88

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2004, 08:53:00 AM »

i agree this thread is sweet, it  should be pinned lol it would help alot of newbs i think on "do's and dont's

exobyte

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »

Is it just me or is twistedsymphony accient prone?  Keep 'em coming- we like to hear.  Post pictures!!!

Ben999_

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2004, 08:58:00 AM »

Just last year I was making an LED lit acrylic statue thing for my friend, Lauren. I was dremelling the design and a chunk of melted acrylic goes flying on my face. It was still melty so it stuck and kept burning, lol. Sometimes I wish you could reverse the rotation of the Dremel.

Jigsaw

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2004, 09:53:00 AM »

I have gone through 3 jewels trying to clear them, I've tried every method... the first one I sanded and sanded and sanded... I ended up fucking it up by trying to buff it with my dremel... melted part of it... On the next one, I tried the non-acetone nail polish remover... well it ended up cloudy, so I tried the toothpaste for a long ass time and it still wasn't clear... so against my better judgment, I grabbed my dremel and polishing wheel... fucked up that jewel... my latest attempt, I sanded it got it pretty fine then I painted it with crappy yellow paint... I didn't like the paint... so I used some non-acetone nail polish remover to try to take it off... and I was left with this:
user posted image
it appears to have eaten away at the plastic a little...

tankertux

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »

My buddy is a paraplegic and does everything from his wheelchair (naturally).  He doesn't have an xbox, but he decided to start modding his PS2 after seeing Ben's PS2 modding tut (Thanks Ben!).  I offered to do it for him, but he wanted to do it himself, so I brought over all my tools and some old PCB's to teach him to solder.  Well, after about a half-hour I'm looking at his magic3 chip (minding my own business) and a fucking huge "BOOM!" scared the shit outta me!  I'm thinking "How the hell did he blow up a broken PCB?"  He had set the soldering iron down on one of his wheels, it melted, and blew.  He was laughing his ass off. I didn't know they had so much pressure in those tires!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12