xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Pc Power Suply To Xbox  (Read 1229 times)

ce_bone

• Archived User
Pc Power Suply To Xbox
« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2005, 02:21:00 PM »

If anyone cares, I am still working on it.  My main problem right now is that the ATX power Supply's  dont provide enough current on the +5VSB.  I've only tested with ATX ps's that are rated up to 1A on the +5VSB pin.  As soon as i get my hands on a newer PS, I'll post results.  Other than that, it doesn't seem too difficult.

RC4phobic

• Archived User
Pc Power Suply To Xbox
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2005, 03:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(oddbudman @ Aug 29 2004, 10:08 PM)

Xtinctpaul

• Archived User
Pc Power Suply To Xbox
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »

Would a 12v@9A power supply (110W) be powerful enough to run an xbox mobo & 3.5" HDD? I ordered a mini-itx DC-DC 200W power supply, which has a standard atx plug and also works on ATX boards. It comes with an external AC-DC power suppy (12v@9A).

Most normal ATX Power Supply's should be overkill for the power requirements of an XBOX, so i'm confident it should work, but will just have to wait and see.

Here is the link:
http://www.logicsupp...products_id/181
http://www.logicsupp...products_id/182

ce_bone

• Archived User
Pc Power Suply To Xbox
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2005, 04:13:00 PM »

The mini itx dc-dc converter (PW-200M) you're talking should have enough power.  I noticed it is made to plug straight onto a ATX compatible computer mother-board.  How did you plan on re-arranging the wires?  This would be great for a vehicle installation.

Birdtales

• Archived User
Pc Power Suply To Xbox
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2005, 06:06:00 PM »

I bought that power supply, however I bought a 5A brick. It did NOT work. I have since sent the power supply back as it fried. I am hoping you report back when you get yours as I want to make mine work and will buy the 9A brick if it does work.

You realize you will still need an Apache or homemade converter to make it work on an Xbox correct?

Birdtales

• Archived User
Pc Power Suply To Xbox
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2005, 12:13:00 PM »

Sorry wasn't clear. The Xbox didn't fry the PW-200M, I did sad.gif

Was trying to figure out why it didn't work and shorted the 12V rail to ground sad.gif

Yeah I was stupid about the brick. I got the 5A because the site I bought it from said it would be fine with the PW-200M. Still waiting for resolution of my RMA. I got it from http://www.mini-box.com

Xtinctpaul

• Archived User
Pc Power Suply To Xbox
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2005, 12:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(Birdtales @ Mar 25 2005, 02:19 PM)
Sorry wasn't clear. The Xbox didn't fry the PW-200M, I did sad.gif

Birdtales

• Archived User
Pc Power Suply To Xbox
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2005, 10:35:00 AM »

I got the new PW-200M in today. Works great on a Celeron 500 board, still no-go on an Xbox. sad.gif I get LED flashes on the Power Eject when I push power but that's it. Same deal with the 5A and 9A AC-DC adapters. sad.gif Got me scratching my head for sure.

Birdtales

• Archived User
Pc Power Suply To Xbox
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2005, 02:08:00 PM »

Additional info...

I got the damn thing to work. I jumpered pins 1 (3.3V) to pin 8 (POW OK) on the back of the Mini-ITX and it works as advertised. I assume the tolerances are tighter on these type PSU's as they are designed to work in a "dirty" environment (car). The 3.3V POW OK signal from the Xbox on the blue wire appears to be insufficient to keep the power supply on. I hooked up an Xbox DVD and HDD and everything powered up OK. Also had a SmartXX and LCD hooked up. I only ran it for a minute as I had no system fan installed so still need further testing but at least I got the damn thing to boot.

Went back and tried the 5A AC-DC adapter and it still will not work. So 9A is definately required.

Birdtales

• Archived User
Pc Power Suply To Xbox
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2005, 10:04:00 AM »

For future reference anyone wanting to use one of these mini ITX power supplies good luck. I found it to be totally unreliable with an Xbox mobo. On top of that it seems to have fried my motherboard. I won't recommend them. sad.gif

Xtinctpaul

• Archived User
Pc Power Suply To Xbox
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2005, 10:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(Birdtales @ Apr 5 2005, 11:10 AM)
For future reference anyone wanting to use one of these mini ITX power supplies good luck. I found it to be totally unreliable with an Xbox mobo. On top of that it seems to have fried my motherboard. I won't recommend them. sad.gif

Birdtales

• Archived User
Pc Power Suply To Xbox
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2005, 11:31:00 AM »

Congrats on getting yours to work. I was using a 1.3 mobo. I also tried it on a 1.0 mobo and it wouldn't work on that either. That was before shorting the pow ok signal.

Atmoz

• Archived User
Pc Power Suply To Xbox
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2005, 02:40:00 AM »

A few weeks ago I ordered a OPUS 120 Watt Car Power Supply. I was wondering if I can get this working with my Xbox. I want to build my Xbox into my car. What schematic can I use the best for this? I've read this topic several times, but I don't know what's the best...

Thanx in advance,

Atmoz

SP1020

• Archived User
Pc Power Suply To Xbox
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2005, 11:22:00 AM »

Don't blow yourself up!

Atmoz

• Archived User
Pc Power Suply To Xbox
« Reply #44 on: May 05, 2005, 12:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(SP1020 @ May 5 2005, 05:28 PM)