xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Xbox Dvd Not Working After Hotswap Hboxhdm 1.9  (Read 602 times)

boxer29

• Archived User
Xbox Dvd Not Working After Hotswap Hboxhdm 1.9
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2012, 04:09:00 AM »

got aid 4.53 to work with the salve dvd pc drive
installed avalaunch dash
ftp into the box ok wit croosover and static ip to pc
not working though with dhcp it takes the ip 192.168.2.10   ping ok  but doesnt connect
in xbox dhcp is enabled
got xbmc to work on it as well
checked the version  from xbmc and also bios checker app which i installed to hdd ,the xbox dvd doesnt work
xbox ver 1.1
ive got a modchip
bios evox d6
do i need to upgrade the bios
evox doesnt seem to work on this old bios
how to do that and what version to update to
yes the hdd is not locked ,it says its unlocked

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2012, 08:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(boxer29 @ Jan 29 2012, 11:46 PM) View Post

which misinformation are you talking about
can u explain

I was referring to your earlier post concerned about Xplorer360 damaging your hard-drive.

We must have been posting here at roughly the same time and your later post came between the one I was was replying to.

With respect, you're obviously not a noob but, as they say: a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. You appear to want it all sorted as quickly as possible and have tried out or are considering doing all sorts of things which may or may not be relevant and might actually have added to your problems.

Been there, done that and bought the T-shirt.  smile.gif

From your description something still is clearly not right. My suggestion is don't try to wing it yourself unless you are 100% sure you know what you're doing. Slow down and deal with each matter in turn and follow the advice that Heimdall or the other experts here give you at each stage.  

boxer29

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2012, 05:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(fallenangle @ Jan 30 2012, 05:04 PM) View Post

I was referring to your earlier post concerned about Xplorer360 damaging your hard-drive.

We must have been posting here at roughly the same time and your later post came between the one I was was replying to.

With respect, you're obviously not a noob but, as they say: a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. You appear to want it all sorted as quickly as possible and have tried out or are considering doing all sorts of things which may or may not be relevant and might actually have added to your problems.

Been there, done that and bought the T-shirt.  smile.gif

From your description something still is clearly not right. My suggestion is don't try to wing it yourself unless you are 100% sure you know what you're doing. Slow down and deal with each matter in turn and follow the advice that Heimdall or the other experts here give you at each stage.

i just googled xplorer 360 and it came with some posts about some problems it created for the hdd
so thats why i was asking
im still waiting for heimdall response to my above questions
thanks

fallenangle

• Recovered User
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 10:22:00 AM »

I think you'll find all the 'problems' with Xplorer360 refer to its use with the XB360 not the original Xbox. It is, unfortunately, too common to find posters on forums calling the Xbox360 just the Xbox. This can lead to confusion - try Googling "Xbox" and you'll be lucky to find one original Xbox link on the first page.  

The matter I think you're refering to is a very specific problem concerning using XB360 HDD on PCs and then formatting them back again for XB360 use.

If it is the article you mean, the one I found was quite interesting. Mostly over my head, going on about LBA and HPA but the author makes it quite clear it's nothing to do with Xplorer360 and all to do with the way some PC motherboards store specific data (apparently).
Pages: 1 [2]