xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Trying To Back Up Midnight Club 3 Remix To Dvd 5  (Read 297 times)

RiotShift

• Archived User
Trying To Back Up Midnight Club 3 Remix To Dvd 5
« on: March 25, 2006, 12:54:00 AM »

Hey guys, i wanna backup midnight club 3 remix for my kids, I have crosslinked identical files, and deleted dashupdate.

Burns to dvd 5 and gave it a test, seemed to work fine.  Later on,  as i tried to enter a tournament(not race) it resets.  Then i tried again and same problem.  I tried another persons recomendation of copying with dvd2xbox, but still same problem.  If anyone can help me with this i'd be very grateful.

chefelf

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 08:46:00 AM »

Did you go through the steps listed here?

Troubleshooting Xbox Game & Movie Backup Problems
Over 678 Xbox-Scene members served.  Since December 2003.

RiotShift

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(chefelf @ Mar 25 2006, 10:53 AM) View Post

Did you go through the steps listed here?

Troubleshooting Xbox Game & Movie Backup Problems
Over 678 Xbox-Scene members served.  Since December 2003.

Yes, i did, but thank you.  Remember this is the new remix mc3 tha came out this month.

Q3A-TaNK

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 06:16:00 PM »

when i backed up my copy of MC3 Remix it was a little over 3gb+ of files but under 4gb also about 5 files that had to be renamed. I havent burned it yet so I dont know if you did something wrong or what.

RiotShift

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 06:58:00 PM »

hmm, i dont seem to have any files that need renaming, and mine came out to 4.63 gb.  I think ur talking about wrong game. (prob midnight club 3 dub edition which is a little over 3 gigs.)  I'm talking bout remix which came out this month.

This post has been edited by RiotShift: Mar 26 2006, 03:00 AM

RicZilla

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2006, 12:35:00 AM »

There is a DVD5 kit out there.  The only place I could find it is on the newsgroups.  Unfortunatly my news server does not have all the parts and cannot fully download it so I could not test it out.

tormentorofsouls666

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2006, 03:31:00 PM »

Im havin the same problem with midnight club 3 remix, has anyone else encountered this problem with other games on dual layer discs? or is it just midnight club 3 remix? i played the game for like four hours to see if it worked and pimped out my ride and everything only to have my game exit to the softmod dashboard everytime i tried to enter a tournament.

RiotShift

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2006, 08:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(tormentorofsouls666 @ Mar 28 2006, 05:31 PM) View Post

Im havin the same problem with midnight club 3 remix, has anyone else encountered this problem with other games on dual layer discs? or is it just midnight club 3 remix? i played the game for like four hours to see if it worked and pimped out my ride and everything only to have my game exit to the softmod dashboard everytime i tried to enter a tournament.

same prob for me, and i have a chipped xbox.  And yeah, its only midnight club remix that does this so far.

tormentorofsouls666

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2006, 09:58:00 PM »

damn dude that sux, well ill keep lookin around and will post if i find anything out, also i will check back and see if anyone else has posted how to remedy this problem. hopefully someone will figure it out. im just kinda glad i wasnt the only one with this problem

tabsaid

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 03:06:00 PM »

i have this same problem too, its kinda annoying so if anyone knows a fix, let me in on it

RiotShift

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »

QUOTE(tabsaid @ Mar 30 2006, 05:06 PM) View Post

i have this same problem too, its kinda annoying so if anyone knows a fix, let me in on it

One of the xbox professionals really need to fix this up, hopefully someone with a good amount of knowledge will repair this problem.  I truly believe this is a new form of copy-protection, and will catch an xbox pro's attention.

RicZilla

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 08:15:00 PM »

Someone metioned this at another site mentioned this.

\video\TokyoTut and \video\Tutorial contain the same movies just copy \video\Tutorial movies to TokyoTut then remake the iso with qwix and check the cross-link identical files and iso will be 4.14 GB (4,447,076,352 bytes)
Use qwix also to extract the iso so you can swap the movies over as explained

I'm in the process of trying this will let you know if it works.

RicZilla

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 09:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(RicZilla @ Mar 31 2006, 10:15 PM) View Post

Someone metioned this at another site mentioned this.

\video\TokyoTut and \video\Tutorial contain the same movies just copy \video\Tutorial movies to TokyoTut then remake the iso with qwix and check the cross-link identical files and iso will be 4.14 GB (4,447,076,352 bytes)
Use qwix also to extract the iso so you can swap the movies over as explained

I'm in the process of trying this will let you know if it works.

OK tried it and it works burnt with DVD decriptor and it passed verify.  Played the game on my HD and Atlanta and Tokyo works.  the image comes to 4.14 GB (4,447,928,320 bytes) like they say.  and will burn to standard single layer DVD.

Extract the iso to your pc HD with qix.

I copied the files from the \video\Tutorial to the \video\TokyoTut  did not overwrite any files in \video\TokyoTut .  after copy was done deleted all the files in the \video\Tutorial folder.

Created the iso with Qix and checked the cross-link identical files in the options section after selecting my folder.

then burnt the iso.

As far as the game crashing to the dash when entering tournament never happened to me on my softmoded 1.6 xbox and Xecuter Tsop 1.0.  Try different dash for launching the game Avalaunch or XBMC ?

RiotShift

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2006, 01:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(RicZilla @ Apr 1 2006, 12:00 AM) View Post

OK tried it and it works burnt with DVD decriptor and it passed verify.  Played the game on my HD and Atlanta and Tokyo works.  the image comes to 4.14 GB (4,447,928,320 bytes) like they say.  and will burn to standard single layer DVD.

Extract the iso to your pc HD with qix.

I copied the files from the \video\Tutorial to the \video\TokyoTut  did not overwrite any files in \video\TokyoTut .  after copy was done deleted all the files in the \video\Tutorial folder.

Created the iso with Qix and checked the cross-link identical files in the options section after selecting my folder.

then burnt the iso.

As far as the game crashing to the dash when entering tournament never happened to me on my softmoded 1.6 xbox and Xecuter Tsop 1.0.  Try different dash for launching the game Avalaunch or XBMC ?

Man i tried that at first, but it crashes only at stage tournaments, normal ones work good for me.  Try the stage tournament at begininng of a new game (san diego). Race carlos and beat him it will unlock the stage tournament i cant get it to work for the life of me.

RicZilla

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 09:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(RiotShift @ Apr 1 2006, 03:47 AM) View Post

Man i tried that at first, but it crashes only at stage tournaments, normal ones work good for me.  Try the stage tournament at begininng of a new game (san diego). Race carlos and beat him it will unlock the stage tournament i cant get it to work for the life of me.

I see what you mean it does it to me too my son only plays in free drive and loaded him up some save games for him.  I had about 77% done of the orginal version had not tried it on remix much yet.  well thats a bummer.

It seems to make a warm reboot.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6