xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Config Magic  (Read 86 times)

Zpusha

• Archived User
Config Magic
« on: September 26, 2006, 08:57:00 PM »

okay guys...dont wanna sounds dumb but probably will anyways but...i dont have any clue to how to fix my xbox...someone jumped on my xbox and squashed the disc drive... so i took my old one from an xbox that someone tried to mod because its harddrvie is ruined and put it in with my good disc drive...basically i duno anything about getting into my box and changing this password...ive got this config magic but dont know how to do it...if anyone can help i would really be greatful...please add me on msn or aim

aim is x z pusha x
msn is [email protected]

THANX

elduderino1234

• Archived User
Config Magic
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2003, 04:59:00 PM »

Ok, here is my predicament. My friend fried his mobo and I replaced it for him. He already had a 120gb hard drive that was locked with config magic. I installed an x2 pro (flashed with 4974 bios) to a new motherboard. I put in the old hard drive and I get error code 6. Will I be able to unlock this hard drive by booting to config magic? Will config magic need to be booted from the dvd drive?

elduderino1234

• Archived User
Config Magic
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2003, 09:39:00 PM »

well, i tried booting config magic final off of a cdrw, but i still got to the error message. then i tried to boot to config magic off of slayers 2.0, but i still got the error screen. then i got some FRAGing. then i gave up. should the xbox boot to the dvd drive or did i get a bad burn?

elduderino1234

• Archived User
Config Magic
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2003, 12:19:00 PM »

ok, i got a copy of slayers 2.0 from my friend that he put on a dvd and I know for a fact that it works. i know the x2 pro works that i installed, but it wont boot from the dvd drive. i turn the xbox on with the eject button, insert the slayers dvd, close the tray, wait a few seconds, then turn off the xbox while the tv screen tells me "error code 6". then i turn the xbox back on and it goes back to the error code screen. what am i doing wrong? please help me.

i also tried putting the dvd in with the chip disabled then enabling the chip and turning the xbox on but i still get error code 6. help me!!!

elduderino1234

• Archived User
Config Magic
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2003, 02:03:00 PM »

wow, i fixed it almost all by myself. all i did was take another hdd out of an xbox, unlock it, and place it in the new mobo. then, i took an eeprom backup of the old mobo and ftp'd it over to the new mobo. then i replaced the new eeprom with the fried mobos eeprom. i put back the old locked hdd and it booted up.

PROPS GO TO LumbraX!