xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Wierd, My Backups Are Running On An Unmodded System.  (Read 92 times)

Xbox2005

• Archived User
Wierd, My Backups Are Running On An Unmodded System.
« on: December 17, 2005, 03:33:00 AM »

It is softmodded. For more info , go to XBE exploits.

jesterrace777

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »

Either that or this guy is full of shite.  Did you try going on XBL with it?   rolleyes.gif   It does seem odd though that a guy with a softmodded system would pitch it at gamestop for the rediculously low money they give you for it, when he could've sold it for at least twice as much through other sources.  Did it boot to an alternate dashboard when you turn it on?

jameswalter

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »

I doubt softmodded...I'm guessing TSOP that boots to original dash.

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 08:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(jameswalter @ Dec 17 2005, 09:24 PM) View Post

I doubt softmodded...I'm guessing TSOP that boots to original dash.

either or, its definately not unmodded though

It does seem odd though that a guy with a softmodded system would pitch it at gamestop for the rediculously low money they give you for it, when he could've sold it for at least twice as much through other sources.

did your parents ever punish you by selling your stuff? mine did once, it sucked, lol

Shalone

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2005, 06:08:00 AM »

I used to work at Gamestop/Funcoland in town. The only thing they check for is if it's running and will play games on the CD/Dvd  format systems. They don't look to see if it's been taken apart or not.
As for exploring in the system, no, I did not find anything that looked like a modchip. Granted my primary system that is modded, has a huge modchip inside, and a switch with glowing lights on the front so that was what I was looking for.
Both are the Samsung drive system, Is there anything I can check to see if it's soft modded or not?, When it starts up it looks like a normal Xbox startup and everything so I was a bit worried. Ever since I found it could play backups. I've not tried to log onto Xbox live, not even a first time.

Rofl. On a side note. If I knew there was soft modding, I wouldn't have spent $80 on a modchip in '04 rofl.

I am just going to return this system either way. I have 30days to return a used item in, so I'll take it back and get a new one with Forza packaged in the system. I already have a modded system, don't need another one that can play copies, and this way I'll make sure by getting a new one that I get an untampered one.

Thank you for all your help people!.

ntriusbil

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 10:05:00 AM »

If you still want to save some cash, just tell them that it appears to have been tampered with because of the holes through the stickers on the bottom. That is how (one of the ways) MS tells if you have been inside the case. Just make them show you that the stickers on the bottom are undamaged on the next one.

Or, you know, take a backup in there and make sure it doesn't work before you leave the store  jester.gif

Lancer852

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2005, 06:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(armbreaker @ Dec 18 2005, 10:25 AM) View Post

i bought a xbox from EB, and it had been taken apart before, so i assume it was modded at one point.

EB opens them to make sure there alright (hence the "refurb" label) mine was the same...

ImDaWiseGuy

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »

thats funny the gamecrazy here i go to ...they check to make sure the unite hasnt been tampered but i do talk to them alot and for a bit ..they where having people buying used systems and swaping out parts and saying it not works..now granted they check every system they buy to make sure it powers on and plays games im sure sometimes a faulty unite gets by...but this was happening alot so now they not only check for tampering they also write down serial numbers and other info to makre sure nobody is doing a bait and switch

Charbless

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2005, 10:02:00 PM »

Places in UK do that they buy ones that have been opened as long as it works they dont care they put sticker on bottom with company logo also i think they do it so if you have problems you have to take it back to them for another 2nd hand one they must do this so if you take it back faulty they dont have to ring MS for you for replacement which i really hate had 2 faulty xb had to take them to shop and then they tell me its not there problem have to contact MS which in UK cant cant go direct to MS anyway you have to get shop to phone them its messed up.