xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Tony Hawks American Wasteland Prob  (Read 384 times)

Q3A-TaNK

• Archived User
Tony Hawks American Wasteland Prob
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »

DVD2Xbox 0.7.0 has a long file name fixer that WiSO fixed so ppl could get MTX Mototrax to work. Ive backed up Top Gear RPM Tuning, Furious Karting, and now TH American Wasteland wihtout a problem yet.

crs

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2005, 10:27:00 AM »

The game will freeze or crash, ie you cant play at all, at some point in the game if played from HD. Doesnt sound like thats your problem though.

RabidDonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005, 11:08:00 AM »

From the Downtown area there is a Green arrow leading to the Vans Skatepark. After you have all the downtown stuff you have to go the the skatepark and do the amjam competition before you can do anything else.  The green arrow is by the dumpsters where you did the focus/special movies for the asian guy.

nufan

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2005, 04:45:00 PM »

smile.gif

I am, at least what it feels like, near the end of career mode and its still running fine backed up with avalaunch file manager.

Am wondering if it is going to freeze at all, or perhaps some other area of the game that the files are at.

fairplayinc

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »

Is there a tut on how to use xbe patcher ?

RabidDonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2005, 10:52:00 PM »

simply put the xbepatcher.exe file into the main game directory and double click it. It will run for a couple of seconds, wiat for about a minute and it will run some more, and your done.

hardcorekid

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2005, 10:38:00 AM »

so has anyone completed the game fully or tested it to the best they can with the shortened names.  i have no problem playing it from my disc, i just like having them on the hd so my son don't scratch them.  going to try the newer dvd2xbox(pretty sure i have an old one) tonight.  hopefully all works ok.

crs

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »

Seems most people don't get this yet, but dvd2xbox just won't work on this Tony Hawk game straight from the original disc. Unless it is confirmed that someone has made an ACL and incorporated it into dvd2xbox, don't waste time attempting copying it to HD.

So far the only solution seem to be to use XBEPatcher, but I remains to be seen if anyone completes the game with it fixing the long filenames & patching the xbe. I took a good look at the whole game data and the long filename references go deep into pak & data files so I kinda doubt XBEPatcher is catching all those.

StepsAscend

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2005, 09:54:00 PM »

Just make a disc backup for this game and be done with it.  Like crs said, it won't work on the hard drive, period.  Unless all the long filenames are patched and then changed in the game code, it will freeze sooner or later when it calls on those files.  FlashFXP and Qwix to iso to Nero.  Problem solved.

wolfer337

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2005, 11:49:00 AM »

n/m

wolfer337

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »

sorry about above... dvd2xbox seems to be locking up when saving to the HDD with this game

wolfer337

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2005, 01:59:00 PM »

QUOTE(nufan @ Oct 22 2005, 01:56 AM)
hey guys i just copied over my copy to the HDD using avalaunch file manager.

RabidDonkey

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2005, 02:19:00 PM »

I just got done with story mode as well with no lock ups whatsoever, i will try classic mode here in a little while to see if it happens then, but as it appears the game works all the way through, and i used XBEpatcher

wolfer337

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2005, 02:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(RabidDonkey @ Oct 25 2005, 10:30 PM)
I just got done with story mode as well with no lock ups whatsoever, i will try classic mode here in a little while to see if it happens then, but as it appears the game works all the way through, and i used XBEpatcher

neo_89

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2005, 02:38:00 PM »

XBEPatcher can be found on the Xbox-Scene website, in the tools section.

I used XBEPatcher and FTP'ed the game to my HDD, no problems at all, completed story mode etc.

Use XBEPatcher, that's the solution.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5