xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: New Nero 6 Out (major)  (Read 73 times)

Spence_Noodle

• Archived User
New Nero 6 Out (major)
« on: August 04, 2005, 09:25:00 AM »

Hi again,

If your using Nero (cos DVD Decrypter will not see my DVD Re-Writer, silly I know) theres a MAJOR update for the whole package.

Nero support says "We recommend that you download all 4 packages to enjoy all brand-new features included in the Major Update." Yes thats right all four :blink:

Heres the link for the english version, you might have to click back or something for any other language.

And heres the link for there release notes.

-Spence

Spence_Noodle

• Archived User
New Nero 6 Out (major)
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 12:21:00 PM »

Hi again,

Just to let you all know that this new version of Nero is only the express version if you have the OEM version.

But, it does work. I've got the LG GSA-4163B and Ricoh DVD+RW disks. They work with the Xbox with no problems here. Funny though I did before hand.

More info, please either pm me or post on here.

Cheers,

-Spence

smllchng5

• Archived User
New Nero 6 Out (major)
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 09:18:00 AM »

Just as a side note...
  Because I am a newbie I just downloaded the new Nero 6.6.0.16 version and saw this update, so used it as well. When I went to use it, it would only let me decrease my write speed to 6X...and caused another coaster. So I would suggest trying to find an older version (I'm off to try to find one myself)
  Good luck to you all. I'm still hopeful that I will actually get a game to backup sucessfully..only on coaster number 13   pop.gif

Smllchng5  biggrin.gif

Spence_Noodle

• Archived User
New Nero 6 Out (major)
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 11:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(Spence_Noodle @ Aug 4 2005, 06:56 PM)
Hi again,

Just to let you all know that this new version of Nero is only the express version if you have the OEM version.

But, it does work. I've got the LG GSA-4163B and Ricoh DVD+RW disks. They work with the Xbox with no problems here. Funny though I did before hand.

More info, please either pm me or post on here.

Cheers,

-Spence

Oops  :rolleyes:

Where I said "Funny though I did before hand." I was meant to say "Funny though It didn'nt before hand."  :)

Just an update: I've had the Ricoh DVD disks working at one point  until Evox's dash stopped me from playing the DVD by saying "Unknown". I know the disk works cos I've tried it in my region free Pacific DVD900 player (a test video). I've also tried a Packard Bell DVD+RW disk that my brother made for my wedding (ahhhh, the memories  :luv: ) and that did'nt work on the xbox but it did on the DVD player.

I have the Philips DVD player in the Xbox. I've heard they can be a fussy old sod. It looks like they are living up to there reputaion.

Just to let you all know, I've just ordered 10 Ritec G04 DVD disks for £0.99p (+£3.00 postage and packaging). They should be arriving some time this week coming, I'll let you all know if they work on my LG DVD re-writer and the xbox.

-Spence

Spence_Noodle

• Archived User
New Nero 6 Out (major)
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »

Hello tongue.gif

They have arrived this morning beerchug.gif

I've tested one out biggrin.gif  And did'nt work dry.gif But the burn was fine and it worked on my DVD player.

Anyway, I then thought  ohmy.gif  "hang on!"  blink.gif "is the booktype set?" unsure.gif Nope. sad.gif

So with Nero Express I could not find a way to change it so in the end I used DVD Decrypter (latest version, I think).

This burned fine using the LG. And so I tried it on the xbox.

And it worked laugh.gif

Just place the dvd into the writer. Load up the software (DVD Decrypter). Select "Mode>ISO>Write".

Where it says the speed, should say "MAX", maybe different, there's a little book to thr right. Click on that to get the settings page. Look for "LG" tab, and click on it.

Now in the "Change for:" select "DVD+R Media" if using a 4.7gb dvd or the "DL" selection for the double-layer DVD's.

Then for "New setting:" select "DVD-ROM", then press change.

Done. Now burn biggrin.gif

-Spence.

P.S. - The DVDs I recieved don't look like the ones pictured on ebay, but they are RiDisc 4x DVD-R 4.7GB. I also tried the Ricoh DVD's again (the DVD+RW's) with the settings above, but with no joy as yet.