xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bad Sector Hard Drive  (Read 58 times)

Bobsf40

• Archived User
Bad Sector Hard Drive
« on: August 04, 2005, 08:45:00 AM »

I turned my softmodded xbox on the other day, and i was greated with it booting up as normal, and then instead of going into Evox, it showed a still image, the background for the MS Dashboard.

Now, i can still play games, and burned games, but i cant do anything else.  I went throught he splinter cell hack, and got to the linux menu, where you install the Ultimate Dashboard Exploit...but the saved games are 'missing' and the F drive is no longer partitioned or formatted.

I was just wondering, if there is any way to hook up the hard drive to my computer to be able to salvage the data on it.  I dont want to loose any of the saved games!

Are there any utilites which allow windows to recognize and work with the Xbox file system?

skinster

• Archived User
Bad Sector Hard Drive
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 07:14:00 PM »

You may try a trick called 'hotswapping'... I know there are some tutorials on xboxscene.com. The hard part I think will be unlocking the hard drive... sorry, but I can't think of anything to help that unless you can get to it via your dashboard...

Good luck...

This post has been edited by skinster: Aug 5 2005, 02:16 AM

deacon187

• Archived User
Bad Sector Hard Drive
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 08:53:00 PM »

if you got to the linux screen through SC cant you ftp then, just transfer your E partition and that will cover your game saves, and your eeprom if you made a back up and that is on the hard drive also

Bobsf40

• Archived User
Bad Sector Hard Drive
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 09:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(deacon187 @ Aug 4 2005, 11:28 PM)
if you got to the linux screen through SC cant you ftp then, just transfer your E partition and that will cover your game saves, and your eeprom if you made a back up and that is on the hard drive also

thats the weird part.  I cant even do that, cause its the first thing i tried.  Flashfxp wont connect, and i know i have all the settings right, cause i ftp stuff like a million times a day.

im gonna give it another try, just incase i missed something.

thanks for the help.