xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Problems With Destroy All Humans  (Read 405 times)

mmac123

• Archived User
Problems With Destroy All Humans
« on: June 23, 2005, 03:02:00 PM »

Try emptying the cache (delete all files in the "cache" folder, as well as everything in x, y, and z).

supacow

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 06:29:00 AM »

no luck, i went the next step and restored my entire HD to retail mode, still nothing.  is this something that could be affected by the bios?  i don't really know what else is left to blame...

chefelf

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 10:27:00 AM »

Try reading this:

Troubleshooting Game Backup Problems
Over 620 Xbox-Scene members served.  Since December 2003.

Yboxx

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2005, 10:24:00 AM »

I'm having the same problem with the retail 'Destroy All Humans!' Xbox DVD. It simply will not boot in any form on my modded Xbox. I've even tried copying the files over to the hard drive and patching the XBE, to no avail. Is there some sort of new protection floating around that won't even let a legitimately purchased game boot on a modded system?  I personally think this is bullshit and will only result in a loss of sales for any company that employs such a scheme! I know, for one, my copy is going back.

Chalk that up as -$50 in sales for you, Pandemic. Way to go. Your protection scheme is doing wonders for your bank account already.

Yboxx

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »

It works just fine on your Xbox and your friend's Xbox. But do you both have modded Xbox's? If so, what are your system specs? With what are they modified? Maybe we, as a community, can get to the bottom of this...

Yboxx

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »

Well, one thing is for sure...they have incorporated some sort of anti-mod protection on this game disc. What exactly it's looking for, I don't know. I'm beginning to suspect the hard drive. Even with my mod-chip turned off so that the Xbox boots into the original MS dashboard, Destroy All Humans! will not boot from the retail DVD. So I do know it's not a BIOS check or a disc check that's keeping it from booting. My hard drive is also locked, so the issue of a 'locked' hard drive can't be the problem. However, a HD capacity check or serial number check (?) could be to blame.

I have also exchanged the game disc (originally thinking that I just got a bum copy) and it has made no difference. The game still will not boot.

nachonut

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2005, 01:12:00 PM »

Don't know what's wrong with any of your copies guys. But mine is working fine.  Off the dvd and copied with dvd2xbox onto the hdd.
So either copy the game again with an updated version, or "buy" it again and try once more.....

Modded and unmodded, game works the same on all systems from what i've tried persionally.

Good luck with whatever you guys got. (sometimes the retail verison does have something wrong with it, i've had that problem before, so don't be afriad to exchange it. Sorry that didn't actually work for you Yboxx)

magneto

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2005, 03:47:00 PM »

I know people are trying to help, but saying "works here" isn't really going to solve the issue. I have a TSOP and ran it with X2 bios and found that the game will not load on dvd or hdd. This was with the original, dvdr, and loading to the hdd. I also tried with EVOX and AVA but to no avail. Looks like it's something in the X2 bios.

Mind you I have found this with:

Destroy All HUmans (original, dvdr,hdd)
Dragonball Sagas (original,dvdr,hdd and no it's my brothers, I know the game is horrible)

possibly GTA:SA?

Im going to rent gta first with original before I buy it since that's another game that seems to have an issue.

I have a 1.1 to 1.2 xbox with tsop running newest X2. I also tried the previous 3 x2 bios versions and found that it won't load the games.  People running other bios' seem to be just fine.

I would like others to confirm if possible with both chips and TSOPS. Please post what bios you're running on the TSOP or what chip you're using and bios version.

Hope this helps the ones in need smile.gif

Yboxx

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »

Magneto,
  Have you tried turning off your mod-chip and booting the Xbox into the original dashboard/BIOS and then booting the original game disc? I was just curious if you've tried this or not. I have, and even the original retail game DVD will not boot with everything (but the hard drive) in its original state. Am I the only one that's having this problem to this degree?

fox1966

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2005, 05:44:00 PM »

I tried to load a backup on my modded xbox, and it will not load on my modded xbox.  I then downloaded a version off the net to try, and it wont boot up either. My Xbox boots all other games with no problems, and this has been bothering me all day.  I have one of the older xboxes, and the modchip is one of the first (pandora, maybe?)  Anyway, no matter what I did (patching .xbe, etc), it just won't boot up, either under MS's dash or evolution x dash.

Yboxx

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2005, 07:07:00 PM »

I, personally, am using a v1.5 Xbox that has a Samsung DVD drive in it. From what I understand, this is one of the best DVD drives you can hope to get when you purchase a new Xbox. It supposedly has the highest media compatibilty rate. From what I can remember, my Xbox is only about a year old.

Next possibility?  Anyone?

taka912

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2005, 12:43:00 PM »

Could be searching for a Save game, or a file or directory on your C drive.  Can you compare the differences on C drive, and save game directories? And see if removing a specific file/directory on you HD will make it start working.

nachonut

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2005, 02:26:00 PM »

QUOTE(Cyborgny @ Jun 26 2005, 12:36 PM)
I have 2 xbox's.

accadeecee

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2005, 04:23:00 PM »

Aladdin XT with EvoX M8 bios on a v1.4... Phillips drive, stock HDD, backup plays fine.
Seems like a lot of people havin probs are running an xecuter bios

cwindsor2003

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2005, 09:29:00 PM »

blink.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3