xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Super Monkey Ball Cant Play Back Up?  (Read 439 times)

atomheartmother

• Archived User
Super Monkey Ball Cant Play Back Up?
« on: March 16, 2005, 04:07:00 PM »

Hello today one of the greatest party games ever came to xbox and so I bought it ran home and backed it up, I used dvd2xbox and it backed up fine then I went to load it and nothing just a black screen it froze on!! I have x3 and it is not working. This is the first game I have had an issue with any help would be awesome!!! :beer:

phil_u_up26

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 04:35:00 PM »

Ran into the same problem here. Any help with this would be greatly helpfull.

accukevin

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 04:44:00 PM »

Haha.  Coincidentally, there was a pirated release out today as well.  Oh, and by the way, the pirated copy has problems, which is why it will NOT work.  If you have an orginal game disc, and DVD2XBOX is not fixing the media check with the auto patch, then I am not sure what to suggest.

phil_u_up26

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 04:48:00 PM »

mine is the original. I did the patch thing as well and still nothing doing.

atomheartmother

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2005, 04:54:00 PM »

Mines original and I noticed something strange also, the sticker that seals the case did you guys notice its a different color "light blue" and it appears different? Hmm kinda strange!! :angry:
Also I can only get the game to play if I put it in the system and turn of the system then back on???

This post has been edited by atomheartmother: Mar 17 2005, 12:55 AM

linflas

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 12:15:00 AM »

backed up with Moogui today without a problem so far, have been playing off backup since, not hard drive though.  Didn't look long enough about the blue sticker, just tore it off.

phil_u_up26

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2005, 04:47:00 PM »

i finally went an exchanged mine for a new copy and everything is working fine now. so if you are still having problems with your original i suggest you do the same. as my local game shop has had a few of these returned already due to not working...

wolf88

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2005, 04:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(phil_u_up26 @ Mar 18 2005, 11:17 PM)
i finally went an exchanged mine for a new copy and everything is working fine now. so if you are still having problems with your original i suggest you do the same. as my local game shop has had a few of these returned already due to not working...

I can't see that happening.

St@m

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2005, 06:54:00 PM »

To play the game from your hard drive use a program that transfers it without patching the default.xbe
or just copy the default.xbe from your game disk over the one in your game folder on the hard drive

anticrap1234

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »

i got this game and it will not load off the hdd either. its the legit version also.

Vejita

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2005, 10:54:00 PM »

The US version will only work (from DVD or HD) on US XBox's by default (duh!) and other region XBox's even if they are modded unless you switch the XBox to NTSC and the XBE Region to 1 via ConfigMagic.

What I have done is installed it to HD via dvd2xbox 0.6.6 and in UnleashX dash, go to Settings | Video Display | Video Mode (EEPROM Safe) and put Autoswitch to YES and Multi Region Mode to NTSC M and the save and exit.

With EvoX you can set the video mode to Auto too and it "should" work but I haven't tried it since my main dash is UX.

This way the game works and any other region protected game without messing with the EEPROM :beer:

This post has been edited by Vejita: Mar 19 2005, 06:58 AM

Tron[ADS]

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2005, 02:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(Vejita @ Mar 19 2005, 05:24 AM)

With EvoX you can set the video mode to Auto too and it "should" work but I haven't tried it since my main dash is UX.

I got mine working using configmagic to set the region to 1, but I dont realy like messing with configmagic to be honest.

On EvoX, as you state, I found the setting to AUTO, but as soon as I come out of the settings menu and return to it, its back to Region 4 PAL. How do I get this to "save" when i change it to AUto ?

St@m

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2005, 04:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(Tron[ADS)
,Mar 19 2005, 09:15 AM]I got mine working using configmagic to set the region to 1, but I dont realy like messing with configmagic to be honest.

On EvoX, as you state, I found the setting to AUTO, but as soon as I come out of the settings menu and return to it, its back to Region 4 PAL. How do I get this to "save" when i change it to AUto ?

This is what I did to get it working on my pal xbox,
my set up is  1.6 xbox, xecutor 3 modchip with x3 bios build 3029, evolutionx dash build 3935,
I opened up my evox.ini on my pc,
I added the following under the line "ChameleonLed = 15"

GameRegion = 1

Adjust Game Region in Evox settings = yes

then saved the changes and ftp'd this .ini to my xbox C: drive, overwriting the .ini already there.

And hey presto Super Monkey Ball now works.
Beware though your tv needs to be ntsc compatible, the xbox switches to ntsc when the game runs

This doesn't seem to have effected any of my other games, everything I've checked still runs as normal.

This post has been edited by St@m: Mar 19 2005, 12:40 PM

anticrap1234

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2005, 07:08:00 AM »

i have ntsc xbox bought here in the us and the us version i bought yesterday wont play off the hdd it just freezes after 2nd pic of evox skin

CyR4X

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2005, 07:46:00 AM »

I've got a PAL UK Xbox and until I changed the video display to Letter Box mode Super Monkey Ball Deluxe just used to freeze on the loading screen even with the other options set as below.

TSR = Normal
Video Mode = NTSC
Game Region = Auto
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5