xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Double Layer Dvd  (Read 492 times)

Hazard-tb3

• Archived User
Double Layer Dvd
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2005, 01:59:00 AM »

Read up you fuck and understand
i am merly giving an example as in that you cant go buy what ppl say
im trying to help you
the only way to know if it will work and how to get it to work is to TRY
be smart and answer your own question by TRYING to burn it in different ways
stop being a total ass about it

and if you are waiting for someone to tell you ...guess what ..
someone already has:

QUOTE(jcautela @ Mar 1 2005, 02:30 PM)
No, that doesn't matter, I backed up a few dls in even a thompson drive with verbatim dvd+r dl media.  That is the best dl media out there so far.  Try it

deacon187

• Archived User
Double Layer Dvd
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2005, 08:46:00 AM »

what ever dude, your the fuck whos talking about things that dont even exist, ive been backing up my music collection, for 15 years and PS1 games when that was going on and never once in my life have i seen a cd+r or cd+rw

Mr Ed

• Archived User
Double Layer Dvd
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2005, 02:12:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hazard-tb3 @ Mar 1 2005, 11:58 PM)
OMG ppl its not a thing like "all samsungs can/cant read X brand cd/dvd"

That's not what we said is it?  We said Samsungs won't read a DVD+R disc (or any disc for that matter) with the booktype set to DVD+R.  Has nothing to do with the brand.

Mr Ed

• Archived User
Double Layer Dvd
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2005, 02:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hazard-tb3 @ Mar 2 2005, 12:26 AM)
but i think there are cd+r

Mr Ed

• Archived User
Double Layer Dvd
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hazard-tb3 @ Mar 2 2005, 12:34 AM)
I HAVE A SAMSUNG ON RIGHT AT THIS MOMENT AND IT IS PLAYING MY BACKED UP COPY OF FABLE ON.......GET THIS...............
DVD+R
 Uh, your burner probably sets the booktype to something other than +R.  Nothing worth YELLING about!
FIND OUT MORE INFO BEFORE BEING SO SURE OF YOURSELF!
 That's good advice...you should follow it!  muhaha.gif

Mr Ed

• Archived User
Double Layer Dvd
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2005, 02:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hazard-tb3 @ Mar 2 2005, 01:05 AM)
You're the one making the mistake.  Did you forget to take your medicine today or something?  tongue.gif
im trying to help you
You mean an example of how you talk like you know about something but don't

Anyway, you are totally off topic here, and wrong, so stop posting in this thread.

total_ass

• Archived User
Double Layer Dvd
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2005, 02:31:00 PM »

im trying to help you

rotfl.gif

noob...........

Glass

• Archived User
Double Layer Dvd
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(dokworm @ Mar 2 2005, 09:21 PM)
I found HP DL media works fine in all xboxes I have tried so far for movie playback and games. Worked in 1.0 thompsons, 1.2 Samsungs and philips and with the LG.
Do you change the booktype for Samsung?

jesterrace777

• Archived User
Double Layer Dvd
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »

As it sits right now, there are only two manufacturers for D/L media.  Ritek and Mitsubishi Chemicals (Verbatim).  Now it is true that there are several brands that have their label on D/L media but they are produced by either Ritek or MCC.  Use a blank and use http://www.dvdinfopro.com to find out which one it is.  Mitsubishi Chemicals definitely stands out from Ritek in terms of D/L media.  As mentioned above the booktype/bitsetting is essential to the functionality of the disc IN ANY DRIVE.  Even though the Thomson and Phillips drives generally get along okay with DVD+R format discs, I would still recommend adjusting the booktype for best results.  So in a nutshell the best combo seems to be Mitsubishi Chemicals D/L DVD+R with the booktype set to DVD-ROM.  Unfortunately this still isn't 100% but it is the best chance for success.

deacon187

• Archived User
Double Layer Dvd
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2005, 11:37:00 AM »

ok so where do i go to set the booktype, in devise manager under my drive properties or in lets say nero, i burned the bards tale to dvd+r dl and evox regognizes it as a game disk but when i click run and also when i use boxplorer and select the default.xbe the screen just goes black, i ve cleared the cache, turned igr off, i guess ill delete my game save and see what happens, but the shouldnt matter cause the original works, and it works from the harddrive as well

Mr Ed

• Archived User
Double Layer Dvd
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2005, 11:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(deacon187 @ Mar 3 2005, 10:43 AM)
ok so where do i go to set the booktype, in devise manager under my drive properties or in lets say nero, i burned the bards tale to dvd+r dl and evox regognizes it as a game disk but when i click run and also when i use boxplorer and select the default.xbe the screen just goes black, i ve cleared the cache, turned igr off, i guess ill delete my game save and see what happens, but the shouldnt matter cause the original works, and it works from the harddrive as well

deacon187

• Archived User
Double Layer Dvd
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(Mr Ed @ Mar 3 2005, 12:01 PM)
If evox recognizes it as a game, I don't believe it's a booktype issue.

Mr Ed

• Archived User
Double Layer Dvd
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2005, 04:28:00 PM »

huh.gif

majesticjester

• Archived User
Double Layer Dvd
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2005, 11:13:00 PM »

sad.gif

jokerbird

• Archived User
Double Layer Dvd
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2005, 12:19:00 AM »

Well this thread has gone out of control and back again.  I am a very experienced xbox user with inaugral experience and with 22 years in the computer IT industry, I think I know what I am talking about!

I can tell everyone here the booktype does not matter when burning XBOX games. However it will matter if burning movies, depending on the make/model/manufacturer of the DVD player.  The bitsetting allows changing of the DVD+R flag to DVDROM(virtually all movies). Few drives allow changing of the booktype without a firmware hack, however some can be controlled through software.  

Check out the Dangerous Brothers wbepage for more information on this.  
http://tdb.rpc1.org/
And also note through the forums the lack of posts with XBOXes and bitsettings

Maybe It's my setup? After reading this post you decide!

Both xboxes I have are 1.0s. One is a thompson and the other is a replaced Samsung(as usual the Thompson died after 4 months). One box has a matrix and stock hard disk(thompson), the other has a chameleon with a 40GB drive. Both have latest x2 bios.

I create 100% of my ISOs using Qwix. I burn 100% of my discs using Nero.

I have burned discs with and without a modified bitsettings, and they have worked on all xboxes.  There has been the odd bad burn, and often older Thompsons won't read certain brands. Switching media almost always cures this.

Rarley this happens on a Phillips and never a problem on a Samsung.  I have two boxes, one with a Thompson and the other with a Samsung. Both read all my burns on DVD+ and - media. The Thompson absolutely refuses too to read CD-R. It will however read all media brands of CD-RW.  Bottom line? All xboxes are uniqe when it comes to media.  

My advice? By the best media you can find, don't skimp.  However the best media may not always work on certain drives, you will need to find the right brand of media for that drive.

I have two DVD burners; my laptop is a NEC-3100a(x8+r). Flashed with firmware to allow (x2.4+R DL and also x4 -R support). In my desktop NEC 3500 (x16+r with x4+R DL). Both my xbox drives read verbatim +R DL, however my thompson will not read *any* discs burned faster than x4(only have x2.4 DL and pricey!, x4 on +R or -R). I have not tried x4 DL, as they are way tooo much cashola

Hope this helps others
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6