xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: How To Pass Black Screen In Kotor Ii  (Read 391 times)

kungfujesus

• Archived User
How To Pass Black Screen In Kotor Ii
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2004, 10:26:00 PM »

so debug mode fixes it? alright i can actually pick up this game again tomarow :)

10Ring

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 24, 2004, 11:26:00 PM »

I stripped the R2 unit of all weapons and armor. That got me through Peragus.

Hope that helps.

CautionFlammable

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »

smile.gif

kungfujesus

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2004, 06:13:00 PM »

Didnt work for me.. but i tried turning ON in game reset and it worked.. lol

crynar

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2004, 05:25:00 PM »

I was able to get past this by installing an evox trainer, enabling one of the cheats (lotsa money) and starting a new game.

It may have just been luck, but I haven't had any other glitches, and I'm on my fifth planet.

slamb0513

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2004, 10:29:00 PM »

OK, I played from HD from the start and never had a problem.  A friend of mine locks, like so many, when the droid gets zapped.  We tried all the fixes talked about here with no luck.  I was wondering if it is possible for me to transfer my saved game to his HD so he is passed this point.  Does anyone know how to do this or where the saved games are stored?  Thanks alot.

By the way, dont know if it makes a difference, but I played with the chick as a force weilding jedi, he played as a dude with military skill level.  Maybe there is a difference when playing as the dude vs. the chick?  Who is the main character when everyone locks?

richie579

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »

I was having the same black screen problem, I saved before accessing the computer then played that part from my backed up disc, got past it fine.

douceur

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2004, 09:20:00 PM »

QUOTE(richie579 @ Dec 30 2004, 02:20 PM)
I was having the same black screen problem, I saved before accessing the computer then played that part from my backed up disc, got past it fine.

Yeah, same thing here.  I saved before the terminal, loaded the game from the actual retail disc, then played through that part, and it worked fine.

jotrmo

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2004, 10:56:00 PM »

Debug mode worked for me. Also noticed that In Game Reset was already turned on as well, so I'm not sure if they both have to be on to get through the black screen.

nacho11

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2004, 11:11:00 AM »

ok i got it to work...... just save the game before you get to the terminal and than turn off autosave........YOU MUST HAVE THE ACTUAL GAME FOR THIS TO WORK!!! just run the game with your disk and pass the part with the driod play bout 10 minutes and just save.  You should be able to play off the HD after that.  It worked for me. :D

crynar

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »

Well I found a reliable means to get past it.

Start a new game and never save.  When you get to the part where the little troid gets destroyed, the autosave kicks in which will get you past it.  After this you can save as normal I guess.

Autosave is on a 15 minute timer, so another option might be just sitting in front of the terminal for 15 minutes before pushing through, but I haven't tried that.  Only way I've gotten it to work is by starting anew and not saving til after the droid part.

Edit:  It worked for me 5 times in a row with different character classes and genders.

This post has been edited by crynar: Dec 31 2004, 11:43 PM

Master Reefed

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2005, 05:49:00 AM »

I havn't played this game at all yet, I didnt like the first one, because there was entirely tooooooooo much reading to do, which puts me to sleep(and my eyes suck already, straining them to read in game text 4 or more hours a day would have givin me a headache.lol

I do plan on checking this one out to see if it catches my attention, but prolly wont buy this one either (especially after all these problems)

I came in here cause a friend of mine with an unmodded XBOX told me he came to the black screen, and I told him I had seen something about it in here and would go look it up.

**********question**********and  reason for question***********8
Can you equip/unequip different stuff in this game?...cause the orriginal version of Morrowind that came out on XBOX had problems freezing when going into certain towns/areas while having certain magic items equipped.Unequipping or droping these items would allow you to pass. Personally I think it was a Memory issue, that Bethesda never admitted to, they never came forward to say anything about it really (before I gave up)

damam

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2005, 12:24:00 AM »

QUOTE(10Ring @ Dec 24 2004, 07:21 PM)

Hope that helps.

this is the only thing that worked for me

guah

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »

check out this thread  the telnet fix worked for me on the second try.  Seems a touch complicated to read at first but it's gets you through it.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=327160

dennisbp

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2005, 01:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(10Ring @ Dec 25 2004, 08:21 AM)

Hope that helps.

Eureka....It works....I've tried both solutions. The one where you freeze and the unfreeze. That works and the one where you strip the R2-unit. That works as well. :blink:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4