xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Nfsu:2 Problem  (Read 276 times)

robster49

• Archived User
Nfsu:2 Problem
« on: November 18, 2004, 12:16:00 AM »

BUMP I'm desperate

Inhuman

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 10:40:00 AM »

My brother is having the same problem with Need for speed Underground 2. He is on a v1.0 box modded with xeneum ice chip with latest evox bios as well.

I'm running nfs Undergound 2 fine on a backup dvd-r.  My box is 1.3 modded with an x2.3b lite plus.

May be the xenium . . . so far thats what it seems like

Draeconix

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »

Just throwing mine into the mix as well. I have a v1.0 Xbox with a Xenium Ice. I am running the latest version of X2 bios and Evox dash. The disc freezes at the same spot, just after creating or loading a profile, even when I switch off my chip and load my retail bios. Just as a side note not that this has any bearing on the problem here but since it worked for Halo 2 I thought I would try unplugging the network cable but it still freezes with or without the cable attached.

walkerwahl

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 05:44:00 PM »

Running it on a S.E. Halo Xbox w/ Xecuter 2.2 latest bios and Slayer auto installer using the PXHDD installer. No problem here. smile.gif

TucDemonic

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2004, 10:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (wrexinefx @ Nov 19 2004, 03:09 AM)
I had the same problem and I found the fix..

Go to the E:\Cache

Clear all those *.bin files

Re-run NFSU2!  Viola!

My setup 1.0 Xbox Xenium Ice v2.0 Executer2 Bios

ok and do you happen to know what all those bin files are for? i am reluctant to delete things w/o knowing what they do...   dry.gif  i did find that if i swapped back to the original hd it worked fine but i am not sure what the difference is.  wink.gif

mdisturbed

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2004, 11:09:00 PM »

cache is files the xbox copies over to help speed up the data transfer so loading times are decreased.  It has nothing to do with saves or anything like that.

Brummie

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2004, 06:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (TucDemonic @ Nov 19 2004, 07:52 AM)
i did find that if i swapped back to the original hd it worked fine but i am not sure what the difference is.  wink.gif

I read on some other site a few weeks ago that new games were going to be able to tell if you had changed your hd. (is this true or just Bull S**T)

So when it froze on me whilst trying to play it from the disk I swapped hd's back and works straight away.

Going to try and clear the cache tonight, but can anyone shed any light on why this happens!!!

StAmAtIs

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2004, 12:15:00 AM »

I have a v1.0 XBOX with Xecuter 2 modchip, with a Thompson DVD Drive in it. mellow.gif  huh.gif  mellow.gif  huh.gif  dry.gif  mad.gif  blink.gif
But my freezes are different and sometimes it doesn't freeze at all.
I have backed it up 3 times already and I even tried burning it at a slower speed but still the same problem.

Sometimes it comes up with a "Dirty or Damaged Disc" error message when I'm about to select my car and sometimes it comes on when I go into my garage in career mode. Sometimes before a race the loading bar in the top right just stops moving and the game freezes. About 45% of the time I can play the game but 55% of the time I get these stupid errors.

I use the same method of backing up that I do for all my other games and they work fine. I put my original disc in the XBOX and FTP it to my PC with FlashFXP. Then I make it into an ISO with Craxtion 4 and burn it with latest version of Nero. The laser sounds like it really struggles at the loading parts of the game. But my other games are fine. I am using Princo 4x discs.
blink.gif  mad.gif

Any suggestions?

danniboi88

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2004, 12:31:00 AM »

to Stamatis87
blink.gif the onli thing i can think of is to transfer the original game over again n reburn it at a low speed. also have u tried deleting the save file?
If you still have problems i suggest you get a friend that has a working version to burn it for u
hope i could help

Ghaleon

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2004, 01:07:00 AM »

I backed it up with no problem. Softmodded with UDE2.

K.OS

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2004, 03:24:00 AM »

same problem here... the box is an 1.6 box with an UXE softmod... i already tried to disable the softmod and make a retail 1.6 box but the game still freeze at the beginning

seems to be a problem with 1.6 boxes...i tried it on 1.0, 1.1 and 1.4 boxes...all fine but the new box is a little bit strange

K.OS

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2004, 01:24:00 PM »

sad.gif

this problem appears now on another 1.6 box with an uxe exploit:(

StAmAtIs

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2004, 06:29:00 PM »

Does anybody else with a v1.0 XBOX (Thompson Drive) Xecuter 2 modchip have problems when playing a backup copy of Need For Speed: Underground 2?

I also tried using Quix to make the ISO but had even worse results than creating the ISO with Craxtion 4.

Is it the way Craxtion 4 makes the ISO?
Because if it is an ISO problem for v1.0 XBOX's with a Xecuter 2 modchip maybe they should take a look at this problem and probably make an update to the program.

kiwiav8r

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2004, 09:53:00 PM »

Hope this helps.  I have a Xbox 1.0, Xenium Ice, Thompson Drive and at the time stock HDD.  NFSU2 played fine from dvd, however when I upgraded to 200gb Western Digital utilizing Xenium upgrade wizard everything worked fine as far as apps.  If I used any kind of backup or original dvd it would freeze in the same spot as everybody else is reporting.  I then upgraded my HDD with slayers 2.6 and everything has worked great since including NFSU2.  So, I suspect possibly something with the xenium upgrade wizard is not quite right, maybe something with the cache as everyone else is reporting.  Hope this helps!

kiwiav8r

Draeconix

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2004, 07:43:00 AM »

Here's what I did to backup my original copy of NFSU2.

1. FTP'd it to my HDD (PC)
2. FTP'd back to my HDD (Xbox)

No jokes or ridicule please, this is just how I have gotten my backed up games to work with no problems.

3. Went to E:\Cache and deleted all the .bin files.

I have not seen any repercussions from deleting those .bin files as some were concerned. Also, if anyone was having problems with Halo 2 doing the same thing this seems to have fixed that as well.

Now I still have a problem with DOA Ultimate black screening on me from both disc and HDD. If anyone can point me to a topic or add some help on that I would appreciate it.
Pages: [1] 2 3