xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: 400gb Problems  (Read 294 times)

ub2slw

• Archived User
400gb Problems
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »

Okay here's a totally NEW problem that I've encountered. I split the 400gb in F/G and left 29gb of free space on the f:\ and 5gb on the G:\

I tested a handful of games ALL of which worked. BTW: once data is on the drive you don't want to delete ANYTHING!!!! The fatx table gets re-written and the whole things freaks out.

Took the xbox to a friends house to show the progress on the 400's try to load a game....nothing

OH YEAH THE CLOCK! (so don't feel so bad Ace25 I tell everybody the same thing THE CLOCK!)

I set the clock in the M$ Dash and reboot.

A generic evox dash comes up with 5 or 6 options: M$ Dash Reboot, Back-up, Settings, Power off

Under Settings I can still see the free drive space for both drives. BUT IT'S NOT BOOTING OFF MY F:\

Xbox 1.3 with X2.3b Lite m8 f/g bios, used Slayers 2.6

Ace25

• Archived User
400gb Problems
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2004, 01:04:00 PM »

Just out of curiosity, have you tried it with an X2 bios instead of M8? I do about 10 xbox mods a week, and the first week I tried using a hacked M8 on anything other than a 1.6 I would have strange problems. Yes, I was using the Non 1.6 bios on the non 1.6's, they did boot, but would lockup on bootup quite a bit, or in games, just lots of random problems. I never tried a drive over 250G with it though so I dont know if there are problems with that as well. I am using some flavor of X2, prolly not the newest, but it has worked fine for me for a year with my 320Gig w/ F&G.

So for me, someone who pushes out alot of Xbox's, and dont want them back with problems, I go with X2 bios' on everything but 1.6's, and M8 on the 1.6's and so far I have not seen any problems. But like I said, when putting M8 on an X2.6 it really makes things unstable. I think X said something about you may have to flash it to bank 2 to get it to work, but I just chose to stick with a bios that I know worked for my 1.3.

EDIT: And for anyone who cares, I picked up my Seagate 400GB HD on sale at CompUSA today/tomorrow for $239.99 then there is a $30 rebate on top of that, so $210 for a 400GB HD with a 5 year warranty is a good deal if anyone cares.

jdsun1

• Archived User
400gb Problems
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2004, 02:35:00 AM »

Ace,

Do you have a link to the deal? I just checked the site and they had it for 299 with no rebate.

ub2slw

• Archived User
400gb Problems
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2004, 10:45:00 PM »

Deleted....added....deleted more And still running PERFECT!!!! This has been absolultly the BEST install yet.  I'm going to experiment with the other Hitatchi and firefuckers.

BTW the newest problem I encoutered with the hitatchi above (f:\ disappeared after setting clock) I installed firefuckers over the slayers install and all the games came up and the booted fine.

I'll post back after I get a clean install on the hitatchi with firefuckers auto installer

avidn

• Archived User
400gb Problems
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2004, 08:38:00 PM »

Just a thought. I picked up a 200GB Western Digital Hard Drive @ OfficeMax in Maui for $69.95 after mail in rebates -($150 at the counter) which puts the hardware in the $0.35 per GB range - very cost effective.  If I can get this kind of a deal on Gilligan's Island, I'm sure Mainlanders can realy clean up at the register!
Pages: 1 2 [3]