xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Leisure Suit Larry Hdd Fix  (Read 571 times)

Evilcon-666

• Archived User
Leisure Suit Larry Hdd Fix
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2004, 10:18:00 PM »

ok i copied the acl file... and i saved it under 56550031.acl it didnt show up as a txt file so.. i figured i am doing it right

but now heres my problem.... i dont have a ftp.... i never got the  chance to attach it to my xbox

would it be possible to do this through a cd? or do i have to do it through ftping

rodney12

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2004, 10:13:00 AM »

does anyone have the actual acl file they can send me at [email protected]. i copied it and renamed it even on my f drive but it is still a text file. also should i enable acl processing for all games or just the ones i have the acl for? and do i enable rm deletion?  thanks

freexbox

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: October 17, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »

I got the acl working - thanks!

But, now when I try to load game saves, I keep getting "unable to load" errors.

Someone mentioned something about having to Resign the save to your particular xbox.

Anyone know how to do that?

dirtynguyen

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: October 17, 2004, 02:11:00 PM »

go into your leisure suit larry folder of your xbox and find the file

AppInit.JAM

its located in the subfolders of /Data/JamFiles/Xbox/AppInit.JAM

open it with your favorite hex editor. i use hex workshop 4.22. and do a text string search for "NudityMode" without the quotes. you'll see the line

"NudityMode".Type Boolean.Data 0<<<<change the 0 to 1

could you make the nude patch changes to the game while in the process of making a backup
Step 1: backup to hd ,
Step 2: make the changes for uncensorship to game file
Step 3: save changes
Step 4: FTp to pc
Step 5 : burn as iso to dvd-r
Step 6: play from backup
and it would work on the backup dvd-r without playing it on the hard drive?

because I would rather play this game off my backup rather than on hard drive, and not waste space

AgentEB

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2004, 12:51:00 PM »

okay..i've been getting a lot of messages from ppl about why they can't seem to find the acl folder in their version of dvd2xbox. the reason why you don't see it is be cause you most likely have an older version of dvd2xbox that didn't support acl processing at the time. so i recommend you update your version of dvd2xbox 0.5.9. and it should have the acl folder then. upload the lsl acl into the folder and process the acl by highlighting the default.xbe in the lsl folder and pressing the left trigger and go down to process acl. dvd2xbox will patch the acl and reboot the xbox and load up the game.

xionanx

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2004, 10:17:00 PM »

To those looking for a "nude" patch, you dont need it.  Just keep playing the game and racking up secret tokens.  Look for the guys with the GREEN MOHAWK, they sell extra's and options for secret tokens.  One of the extra mode options is "nude mode".

Unless you just lazy and want everything handed to you, which in that case I dont even recommend playing LsL since its the type of game where getting there is all the fun.. and getting there is a lot of work.

BenWenger41

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2004, 06:03:00 PM »

Ok I'm getting the error that says failed to process ACL list. I put the LSL ACL in the dvd2xbox acl folder. Deleted the default.xbe in LSL folder and renamed the one with _orig to default.xbe

What am I doing wrong?

pHrEaQuAzOiD

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2004, 07:22:00 PM »

You can still play your old save files if you edit the default.xbe yourself. Here's how to do it:

1. FTP the default.xbe from your Leisure Suit Larry MCL directory over to your hard drive

2. Open default.xbe in your favorite Hex Editor

3. Go to offset 00168370 (The line reads: 3b 81 9c 05 00 00 74 11 68 8c 8b 24 00 68 20 4b)

4. Change '74' to 'eb' then save the file and transfer it back over to your Xbox (be sure to make backups just in case)

The game will now run off the hard drive and you will be able to use your old game saves.

Want to remove the censor bars? Here's how do do that also:

1. FTP the original AppInit.JAM file from your Leisure Suit Larry MCL Data directory over to your hard drive

2. Open AppInit.JAM in your favorite Hex Editor

3. Do a Text Search for 'NudityMode', You'll see this line of text: Name "NudityMode".Type Boolean.Data 0

4. Change the 0 to a 1 so you have Boolean.Data 1

5. Go to offset 00371490 (The line reads 0.000000 1.00000)

6. Change the 1.00000 to 0.00000 and save the file then transfer it back over to your Xbox. No more censor bars

Not to impinge upon AgentEB's fix, because he definitely was helpfull enough to post his method, but it really is easier to just hex the xbe, the game loads from HD and no censor bars, plus old saves work. Took me 5 mins to do, first try...

AgentEB

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2004, 10:25:00 PM »

no offense taken. i usually take the same route when it comes to patching games that require only one or two strings to be replaced.the acl is for simplicity for the noobs who don't have any idea how to hex edit. dvd2xbox is also great in that it creates a backup just in case they screw up something. that's why i added AppInit.JAM backup line in the acl.

Sloth

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: October 22, 2004, 11:06:00 AM »

Um,with the acl on page 3.Doesn't that include the nude patch? If the acl is working correctly should there be nudity all the time? When are you supposed to see nudity?

pHrEaQuAzOiD

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2004, 01:17:00 AM »

QUOTE (AgentEB @ Oct 22 2004, 12:28 AM)
no offense taken. i usually take the same route when it comes to patching games that require only one or two strings to be replaced.the acl is for simplicity for the noobs who don't have any idea how to hex edit. dvd2xbox is also great in that it creates a backup just in case they screw up something. that's why i added AppInit.JAM backup line in the acl.

beerchug.gif .....Indeed so......The funniest thing about it is that I'm definitely no newB, but I wasn't even sure what your fix was!(ACL, that is) It's basically just patching the xbe with new strings in the correct places, right? Or have I deviated from how it actually works? I just saw the hex method and thought,"ooh hex, I know how to do that, wonder if it'll actually work!" My god, thanks for starting this thread though, I about s#!t when I got that error message. laugh.gif

AgentEB

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: October 24, 2004, 01:10:00 PM »

laugh.gif

bathomo

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2004, 01:35:00 AM »

biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

kamikaze04

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2004, 07:04:00 AM »

QUOTE (dylan @ Oct 11 2004, 09:34 PM)
You can still play your old save files if you edit the default.xbe yourself. Here's how to do it:

1. FTP the default.xbe from your Leisure Suit Larry MCL directory over to your hard drive

2. Open default.xbe in your favorite Hex Editor

3. Go to offset 00168370 (The line reads: 3b 81 9c 05 00 00 74 11 68 8c 8b 24 00 68 20 4b)

4. Change '74' to 'eb' then save the file and transfer it back over to your Xbox (be sure to make backups just in case)

The game will now run off the hard drive and you will be able to use your old game saves.

Want to remove the censor bars? Here's how do do that also:

1. FTP the original AppInit.JAM file from your Leisure Suit Larry MCL Data directory over to your hard drive

2. Open AppInit.JAM in your favorite Hex Editor

3. Do a Text Search for 'NudityMode', You'll see this line of text: Name "NudityMode".Type Boolean.Data 0

4. Change the 0 to a 1 so you have Boolean.Data 1

5. Go to offset 00371490 (The line reads 0.000000 1.00000)

6. Change the 1.00000 to 0.00000 and save the file then transfer it back over to your Xbox. No more censor bars

hey man

for offset 00371490

i can fint it with my hex editor whats the deal thanks ??

how can i find it and change it ?

bangy22

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2004, 09:10:00 AM »

here is my problem. I finally got the game working  from the hard drive but now I am stuck. At the most random times, lately its every time I give Ione the makeover, as it shows me winning, the screen will turn black and say "the disk you are using is dirty or damaged". Is there anyway to fix this by going into the files or something? I am playing off my Hdd and not using the original cd.

Thanks for all the help..
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8