xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Yager, Too Big To Backup  (Read 150 times)

norad97

• Archived User
Yager, Too Big To Backup
« on: January 06, 2004, 11:32:00 AM »

mad.gif

If anyone knows how to solve this problem i would be greatful

Thanks

norad

mr69ways

• Archived User
Yager, Too Big To Backup
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »

This was only a PAL release right. I got mine to fit on a DVD w/o taking anything out. have you tried burning it?

norad97

• Archived User
Yager, Too Big To Backup
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »

yeah i have and it says it wont fit

Mr Ed

• Archived User
Yager, Too Big To Backup
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 02:21:00 PM »

cool.gif

Joshua Wood

• Archived User
Yager, Too Big To Backup
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »

smile.gif If you don't want to compress it (ie leave it same as the orignal), set settings to 16bit-stereo, 0 compress level for no loss, and 44100 for the sample rate).  /end edit
I think from memory the original would be 44k 16-bit stereo, so anyone who knows about sound will know that converting it to 22k mono will quarter the audio size, leaving more space for the video (so it wont need to be as compressed). If you're an audiophile you may wish to leave the sound alone and focus on compressing the video more.

-Click on Batch when ready to begin, and then Start.
-It appears to rename the files with a new_*.* at the start. Once done you will need to rename the files by removing the new_ from the beginning.
-Transfer back to xbox/make iso and burn.

With the settings I used, the results still look pretty good. You will need around 3gb space free, and some spare time. On my 1Ghz 384mb machine it took maybe 4 or so days non stop to complete wink.gif So be prepared for this.

Hope someone finds this info useful. I would guess the NTSC version will be similar in size, and these instructions should still work since I imagine they'll still use the bik files.

mookie_gr

• Archived User
Yager, Too Big To Backup
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2004, 04:50:00 AM »

hello,

i have just got the game "yager" and i want to back it up, but the size is 5,36 GB, what should i do to back it up, if possible of course?

thank you.

thehittmann

• Archived User
Yager, Too Big To Backup
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2004, 06:59:00 AM »

back it up to your hard drive or remove un needed files for different languages.

mookie_gr

• Archived User
Yager, Too Big To Backup
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2004, 08:34:00 AM »

i have the pal version of yager..., the game says its old since it is copywrited at 2003. i still dont know what to do, i guess i must downsample some movie file, but i dont know whitch file?

bigga

• Archived User
Yager, Too Big To Backup
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2004, 09:00:00 AM »

Use radtools (google it) to downsample the .bik files.  You could always replace them with a small .bik from the game copied multiple times, although this won't help the flow of the game much.  There is quite alot of work there downsampling all them 60 bik files

EDIT: Here is a tut on how to downsample bik video files

Horscht

• Recovered User
Yager, Too Big To Backup
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 06:35:00 AM »

Hi

how can I backup YAGER onto one single layer DVD-R? The Game is 5.36 Gb in size, and all "deletion" sites tell me that you can only delete 34 Mb, so it still won't fit onto DVD-R. Currently the only option I see is either deleting (or relinking) a few .bik videos, or resample them as I did with Jade Empire (which takes a freaking long time). So, are there any non-gameplay movies (like Demos or something) that I could delete?

Mr Ed

• Archived User
Yager, Too Big To Backup
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

GamezMan

• Archived User
Yager, Too Big To Backup
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2003, 03:49:00 PM »

sad.gif   Its so sad, i jus got the game "Yager" yesterday and i started to make a "back-up copy" and Daaaaaaaaaaaam ! it's 5.37-Gig .

So i suppose its too big to cut stuff out without ruining the game ??? or does any-1 know if thers are loads of bullsh*t files on the disc ???

A few question if any-1 know. (thankz wink.gif )

So these xbox orginal dics the games come on, does any-1 know how they work ?

A freind said to me that they are dual layer and that the xbox can focus to read 1 layer from the other, is this true?
How big can they make the games, maximum ?
Is the 4.75gig for dvd rrw the maximum the writers can handle ??

Peace

dmack_901

• Archived User
Yager, Too Big To Backup
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2003, 03:18:00 PM »

seriously there can't be over 40 gig on one of those games.

Look at Unreal for the pc it is only about 1.5 gig

there has to be a ton of bs in those files.

GamezMan

• Archived User
Yager, Too Big To Backup
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2003, 04:31:00 PM »

Ok Pizza, i might try that when i get more familer with this kinda stuff.

But what i was asking is : what is the max size i can the folder or total files AFTER downsizing files. for ANY game not just this 1 or ETM,, as i know the blanks are 4.7 gig, but i heared that u need to leave a certain amount for the lead inout.  

PEACE

GamezMan

• Archived User
Yager, Too Big To Backup
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2003, 06:17:00 PM »

What is the max size i can make the folder or total files AFTER downsizing files. for ANY game, as i know the blanks are 4.7 gig, but i heared that u need to leave a certain amount for the lead inout.

Game= Yager

Thanks
Pages: [1] 2