xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Nascar 2005 And Hidef  (Read 27 times)

tbirdguy

• Archived User
Nascar 2005 And Hidef
« on: September 06, 2004, 10:57:00 PM »

Anyone having problems with nascar 2005 off hd using hi def...if i have 1080 or 720 turned on in the xboxdash the games freezes at launch, when disabled it works fine, i also had this problem with xbmp long ago but it was fixed ( i think) in later builds, but it would only happen if i had hidf enabled in xbmp but not the dash.....

just curious to see if anyone ever had this problem....

chefelf

• Archived User
Nascar 2005 And Hidef
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 07:35:00 AM »

That is an unusual problem.  I don't know much about HiDef stuff but I'd recommend reading this link anyway:

Troubleshooting Game Backup Problems

If that doesn't work then try searching the Audio/Video forum, though I don't know if a video setting could cause freezing like that.   Then again, I don't know anything really about HD issues.

Shutting up now.  ;)

tbirdguy

• Archived User
Nascar 2005 And Hidef
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 10:28:00 PM »

yea...its definatley hi def related, because if i disable it the game plays fine...
i belive it to be a problem with avalaunch and the way it handles launching games when it has hidef options enabled... at first i thought it was the orig xbox dash but now i feel its ava because if i load my nba live 2004 backup on dvdr wont launch through ava with hidef enabled, but if i boot xbox with game in then it works fine.....hrm ea+ava+hdtv=fuxord?

very interesting...i will post more when i do more expiermenting

pea...and carrots

p sthanks for the post chefelf,  its nice to have a pro reply to ure  thread lol

tbirdguy

• Archived User
Nascar 2005 And Hidef
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 07:37:00 PM »

well if i disable the hidef settings in ava it works, and the settings are enabled in xbox dash....but doesent ava overwrite the xboxdashes settings in the eeprom? or are hd settings even loadin in eeprom?
i dunno...works, but i still dont know why.....

Angerwound

• Archived User
Nascar 2005 And Hidef
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »

I have High Def working with the title. Must be something on your end.

tbirdguy

• Archived User
Nascar 2005 And Hidef
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2004, 01:23:00 AM »

hidef works.....but the game wont load with the hidef set in avalaunches menus...if  i shut those off it runs fine, if not then it freezes at the ava launching screen with the game logo...i believe the games starts to load due to the fact that i erased the save game and it comes back when it tries to boot....

like i said i can play then game fien, and its the only game i have prob with, ETM and THUG work killer in hidef, tv an take both 720 and 1080 input, but it upconverts 720 to1080, (sony wega 36" hiscan 500)

i dunno...still trying to figure this one out