xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Backups From Smb or FTP or any network?  (Read 350 times)

bigshooter13

• Archived User
Backups From Smb or FTP or any network?
« Reply #75 on: October 13, 2003, 06:29:00 AM »

You can safely play on xbox live with a modded box. If you get a mod chip with a disable switch and a hard drive that is lockable. If you can get these two things, playing on live is as simple as flipping a switch to turn the chip off. Then everything is back to the factory settings.  biggrin.gif

soma806

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2003, 10:42:00 AM »

Would it be possible to map a linksys network drive plugged into the same router as my xbox to a partition on my xbox so that xboxplorer or evolution x can see it and play games/media off of it? My guess is that most ppl will say "no," then one guy will say he's done it.

Basically I'm trying to centralize my home's storage on a shared net drive and this includes my movies and music. And with the money I'll spend on that, I won't be able to buy much of a larger drive from my XBox. (Plus I don't really want to deal with backing up the old and installing the new; throwing away the old.)

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2003, 10:48:00 AM »

media, yes, games no

for media youll just have to set up XBMP or whatever player you use to find the network drive, i have all my movies and stuff on my PC in a windows shared folder and a link in XBMP to point to it

lordvader129

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2003, 11:12:00 AM »

QUOTE (soma806 @ Dec 2 2003, 02:54 PM)
Off topic a bit but, is there a .xbe that can rip dvd's to the xbox, in either uncompressed or compressed format?

dvd2xbox, obtainable in the "usual places" also rips games to play from HD

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: December 17, 2003, 05:09:00 AM »

No, this is not possible at this time.  If a network-mounting feature was coded into XBMP or any other app, it would immediately be terminated when the remote XBE was executed, and obviously that XBE would then be terminated because the connection would be dead.

It would have to be a featute embedded into the BIOS.

b2p

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: December 24, 2003, 01:39:00 PM »

How about the possibility to embed a function for that in the Bios? like the embedded Ftp function
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]