xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Dvd2xbox 5.8 Bugs?  (Read 25 times)

yeknom

• Archived User
Dvd2xbox 5.8 Bugs?
« on: June 23, 2004, 02:56:00 AM »

Hi just trying 2 find out if there is any known bugs in dvd2xbox 5.8 when backing up movies. I just had a new hdd put in by a friend and he put version 4.9 has major problems but i was being lazy updating it and ripped a movie with it (once i got passed it freezing on me a couple of times :)
Anyway the backup worked perfect but i thought i better update it 2 the latest version so i put 5.8 on it backed some games up no problem but when i backed a couple of movies up some of the vobs were freezing on me and crashing xbmp2.2
does anyone know if this is a 5.8 prob or did i just luck out with the two movies i tryed 2 copy(no scratches on them and they play fine) anyway b4 this becomes a novel any pointers 2 a thread or some feedback would be gr8 :)

yeknom

• Archived User
Dvd2xbox 5.8 Bugs?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 02:58:00 AM »

also b4 i get flamed i have had a pretty exstensive look 4 help first on the forums :P  

spacefrog

• Archived User
Dvd2xbox 5.8 Bugs?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2004, 02:01:00 AM »

DVD2XBOX is used primarilly for games, and I'm pretty sure it works fine. The problem with movies is playing them back. try updating tothe latest version of xbmp 2.4 i think, OR use XBMC,

In my opinion, playing vobs is not a good way to play a movie, either burn the disc, or convert it to divx/xvid.

MN-Mod-Man

• Archived User
Dvd2xbox 5.8 Bugs?
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2004, 04:44:00 AM »

I second that While it can rip a DVD why would you want to waste soo much drive space with huge vob files, the app works great for games as it was meant to but honestly you should shrink DVD's down to divx/xvid and use XBMC not the old one.