xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: V8 Supercars 2 Long File Name  (Read 201 times)

PolarBearWY

• Archived User
V8 Supercars 2 Long File Name
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2004, 04:03:00 AM »

Well, still no go.  I tried 3 diff hex editors and none of them can find the strings I'm supposed to.  Maybe I'm not as smart as I used to be.  I have had no problems editing in the past.

Are you sure those strings are going to work for the NTSC RETAIL default.xbe?  Should I use a hex editing program that puts the bits in a specific format so I can find these strings?

PolarBearWY

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2004, 05:13:00 AM »

Which hex editor do you guys use?  And how do you get it to show you the values as they should be?

(Sorry if this discussion has gone beyond the scope of the thread, but I'm guessing I'm not the only one that had DVD2XBOX fail them.)

PolarBearWY

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2004, 05:42:00 AM »

Update:  NTSC GAME WORKS OFF HDD

I deleted what DVD2XBOX put on the HDD and FTPed the game over to HDD (renamed file first), then used Step 7 (outlined earlier) to process ACL on existing files on HDD.  Worked like a charm.

I don't understand why DVD2XBOX told me it processed the ACL while copying off the disc, but either it didn't or it didn't do it right.  The default.xbe was different on the HDD after DVD2XBox copied it over from disc, so it did something.  DVD2XBox, as I mentioned earlier, failed to copy a file, too.  I found that in the log and FTPed it over.

All-in-all, I'll rate DVD2XBOX a 10! when it comes to processing ACLs for files already on the HDD and a 0.0 for ripping from disc and processing ACLs on the fly.

Thanks for the help guys.  NTSC works just fine when using step 7 and processing the ACL off the existing file.

(Yes, I had process ACL on.  Yes, the ACL was in the folder.)

murdo

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2004, 05:47:00 AM »

Great news PolarBearWY, can u answer my PM please?

PolarBearWY

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2004, 06:05:00 AM »

QUOTE (murdo @ Apr 20 2004, 02:47 PM)
Great news PolarBearWY, can u answer my PM please?

"You've got mail," said with best AOL imitation.

WiSo

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2004, 07:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (PolarBearWY @ Apr 20 2004, 02:42 PM)
All-in-all, I'll rate DVD2XBOX a 10! when it comes to processing ACLs for files already on the HDD and a 0.0 for ripping from disc and processing ACLs on the fly.

Thanks for part one but I disagree with the latter on. It uses the same routines no matter when it's called and I found some threads where it's reported to work when copying and patching on the fly.

PolarBearWY

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2004, 02:15:00 PM »

Thanks, guys.  Gigas, if you come up with a new ACL file for the NTSC version, I'd love to get it.  I'm still rather puzzled as to how the PAL ACL failed to produce a working NTSC XBE file on the fly, but had no problems patching the game so I can run it off the HDD when I used the LEFT TRIGGER method.  

To mention the file DVD2XBox missed -- I have probably transferred more than 300 GBs of data from the XBox DVD drive to my PC via FTP and have never missed a single file, yet I have only transferred this single game with DVD2XBox and it managed to miss a file.  I guess I won't place blame on DVD2XBox, but I'm not going to place blame on my equipment either.  My hardware has proven itself 100-fold over what it has done with DVD2XBox.  That's why I have never bothered with DVD2XBox 'til now -- too many threads from people saying the program missed a file.  I don't see many threads about FTP missing files.  Maybe the program is a tad touchy.  Maybe having the program try a missed file a 2nd time would get rid of a lot of those problems.

Again, thanks!

pipesaez

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »

blink.gif .
I have the NTFS version and that is the only thing I can think of, maybe something is different.  

When looking for the variable with the hex editor... Is there only one instance that needs to be changed?

Thanks for any help

murdo

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2004, 09:51:00 PM »

Okay NTSC users... hold your horses!!

At this very moment, a friend of mine has the updated ACL patch which im hoping will work with the NTSC version.

Simply waiting on him saying yes/no.  If its yes, then i'll post it and if it's no, then i'll keep at it! Gigas will be lending me a hand with it too, no doubt!

eyes peeled on this post....

murdo

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2004, 10:38:00 PM »

Okay people... its official! Both Gigas and I are in agreement that the PAL and NTSC versions of Race Driver 2 have the SAME protection, and the PAL acl file will work with either.

PolarBearWY, your problem was simple! The reason a file didn't copy and the file wasn't patched properly was quite simpley because you didn't have "ACL post processing" enabled in your dvd2xbox settings!!

NOTE TO EVERYONE:

Download ACL:   http://dvd2xbox.xbox...cl/434D0011.acl
Place the ACL file in the "ACL" folder within your dvd2xbox app folder.
Enable "ACL post processing" in your dvd2xbox settings
Copy the game to the hard drive. dvd2xbox should inform you that it has processed the ACL patch, and to check the log.

This has been tried and tested on both the PAL and NTSC version of the game.

lenballs

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2004, 12:09:00 AM »

Good stuff Murdo & Gigas, it really is a very simple thing to get this game going, I don't know any easier way to backup games onto the hard drive than dvd2xbox.

Only two games fail dvd2xbox - 007 Everything or Nothing and MTX Mototrax.

Thats it, real simple.

PolarBearWY

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2004, 06:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (murdo @ Apr 21 2004, 07:38 AM)
PolarBearWY, your problem was simple! The reason a file didn't copy and the file wasn't patched properly was quite simpley because you didn't have "ACL post processing" enabled in your dvd2xbox settings!!

I appreciate your help, but if you had read my post you would have not come to that conclusion.

#1.  I said ACL Processing WAS enabled.

This was the first time I had used DVD2XBOX and that was one of the first things I did, as per the instructions on page 2 of this thread.

#2.  As I mentioned, DVD2XBOX renamed the file for me.

The file would not have been renamed during the rip if it hadn't processed the ACL file.

Edited to add...

I'm not the one that designed DVD2XBOX, but I'd think that it would copy all files with legal filenames without processing any ACLs.  I sent you my LOG file so you should have seen that the file that didn't transfer was one of the 40 MB BIK files in the anim folder.  Think it was SC_06.bik or something like that.

No offense, but how did you come up with those conclusions?

zboy187

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2004, 08:29:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

PolarBearWY

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2004, 11:26:00 AM »

QUOTE (zboy187 @ Apr 21 2004, 05:29 PM)
its a pretty good game

I'm not sure I'd go that far.  Mine is already for sale on eBay.  Piece of crap game, IMO.  I knew I should have waited for Rallisport 2.

murdo

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »

I have copied the code to notepad and renamed it accordingly as specified. Still can't find the ACL directory to copy this to. Please help

Go to your "dvd2xbox" folder on your XBox, I presume you have it in a "APPS" folder, most likely on the E Drive?

Within the "dvd2xbox" folder, there should be a folder called  "ACL"

This folder will only exist if you have version 0.5.5 of  dvd2xbox  !!

That is where you put the ACL patch
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6