xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Prince Of Persia Slow Video?  (Read 484 times)

Xoria

• Archived User
Prince Of Persia Slow Video?
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2003, 08:46:00 AM »

QUOTE (jahovah @ Nov 22 2003, 06:37 PM)
its got nothin to do with the soft mods... im running a version 1.3 with and xecuter 2.2 lite and im havin the same problem

same here, but im xec 2.2 lite +

hwy316

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2003, 04:06:00 PM »

It's got nothing to do with the BIOS either.  A friend of mine with the same BIOS FTPed the same files and his works flawlessly.

Xoria

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2003, 04:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (hwy316 @ Nov 23 2003, 02:06 AM)
It's got nothing to do with the BIOS either.  A friend of mine with the same BIOS FTPed the same files and his works flawlessly.

odd, i thought maybe that was it. i upgraded my bios to 4979, considered downgrading to 4977 to see if it worked, but forget it now.

dry.gif

amdxpgf4

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2003, 07:07:00 PM »

used dvd2xbox, bios 4977, no problems.

pwrstick

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2003, 08:24:00 PM »

One last thing (15...14.7...), Crimsons Skies works fine on my system too (someone mentioned it earlier) if that's helpful at all.

GomerPyle

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2003, 11:39:00 PM »

Ill say its your hard drive is causing it! Some Games need to cache and pull data to hard drive while fetching data at the same time, and when the game is on the hardrive too thats 3 things it needs to do at once well then there is the problem. Or it could be just your hard drive, either way im almost positive its your 120 gb hardrive! check if your E drive is full too you should leave lots of space on it!

garfunkalow

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2003, 12:55:00 AM »

dry.gif
I am running everything stock *except* for the font hack. Maybe i will rent the game and see if that version works from a different copy of the real game.... since my original didn't work.

hwy316

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2003, 07:02:00 AM »

I said it once, I'll say it again.  It has NOTHING to do with the HD.  I burned this game to disc and still same results.

jahovah

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2003, 07:24:00 AM »

i have the retail copy of the game... and it doesnt work either... same problem, the game runs slow, im starting to lean towards the disk's being defective

Shadowlaw

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2003, 09:56:00 AM »

Well that the retail doesn't work is strange, but I tried one of the less legal sources (if you know what I mean) to see if those work, and they don't work either.

So my one and only conclusion is that this game has a flaw which only appears on some particular xboxes, which is a very bad thing IMHO.

Joshua Wood

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2003, 10:40:00 AM »

tongue.gif) . This will eliminate bad original media.

Joshua Wood

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2003, 04:41:00 PM »

And the dump was ok, no files missed, and you're using the latest version of dvd2xbox?

If that's the case, it's looking a lot like there's something strange with a batch of xboxs, or possibly something went wrong with the production of a batch of the game (this is my guess over bad xboxes). Might not be media, might be the build that was pressed....is there a Ubisoft tech support number? (I think it's made by them...) I'd give them a call and see what they have to say.

pza9

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2003, 06:31:00 PM »

There's no problem with the discs.  My original works fine in a friend's (modded) box but not in mine, and it doesn't matter whether it's played straight from the disc or on the hard drive.  It works fine for him both ways, and fails for me both ways.

This is getting really frustrating...

hwy316

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2003, 08:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (Joshua Wood @ Nov 23 2003, 08:41 PM)
Might not be media, might be the build that was pressed....is there a Ubisoft tech support number? (I think it's made by them...) I'd give them a call and see what they have to say.

It's not a build that was pressed, the same files work for my friend with the same BIOS both running from the disc and the HD, and fails for me in both options.

jahovah

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2003, 10:24:00 PM »

well ill be calling ubisoft tommorow when i get up... ill let you know what they say about all this.... i didnt fork out 50 bucks to get ripped off.... funco land wont take the game back cause it works in there xbox... so if ubisoft says theres nothing they can do.... im just gonna lose it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5