xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Prince Of Persia Slow Video?  (Read 483 times)

LucidMonk

• Archived User
Prince Of Persia Slow Video?
« on: January 08, 2004, 05:41:00 PM »

I just wanted to state that the said fix.....(Changing from NTSC to PAL and back to NTSC) does in fact work.
I had the same problem and tried the fix and low and behold...the game runs fine now.  

Try this fix with confidence!

glycerine102

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 06:57:00 PM »

Amen to that.  I read this post about a week ago in hopes.  Low and behold, I was shocked to find that it did the trick.  God only knows what the problem is though.  
I now have had a wonderful Prince of Persia Experience.   Thanks

fredgarvin

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2004, 08:45:00 PM »

Guys, lots of good ideas here. Unfortunately, none of the above has worked for me so far.  I'm using a matrix chip with M7 bios and evox 3935 dashboard. XBox is a 1.0 with a Thomson drive.  The game runs slow with the original DVD and with the HD backup done via DVD2XBox.  I can reset NTSC/PAL etc. from within in the dashboard and PAL does change POP by making the screen roll but even then it plays slow and continues to play slow when I switch back to NTSC.  I've tried the other suggestions (clearing out the cache files, checking the time within M$ dashboard, deleting the original POP profile, etc.) all to no avail.   All my other games have run fine with the MOD chip whether from the original disc or after backing up to hd  (KOTOR, Sp Cell, Madden 04, JKII, Morrowind, LOTR:TTT&ROTK, Crim Skies, Links 04).  Any other ideas?

yosuckamoefoe

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »

Well, I have tried this and it doesnt work for me. PoP is still running Slowwwwww!

I set it to pal reset xbox, then set to NTSC reset xbox... and lke I said SLOW.

Are you guys switching with the evox settings or with the app in this thread
http://forums.xbox-s...ic=192882&st=15

Please help! Any other Ideas?

LEDHaywire

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2003, 08:38:00 AM »

delete al files from your X Y and Z drive....sounds like the cache in one of those drives is fuxored

this happens alot when you use in game reset...especially when the xbox is caching to one of these drives while you are doing it

PuddWakkr

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2003, 12:23:00 PM »

Does it run slow from the original disc as well? Wonder if you just had a bad file transfer while copying. Try copying again using the newest dvd2xbox.

Shadowlaw

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2003, 11:39:00 PM »

Weird, nobody else seems to be having these problems. I will try setting the video mode to NTSC manually in Evox.

cid386

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2003, 06:27:00 AM »

Hey, tried that. I naturally tried turning off IGR's as well. I have no idea what the problem is but its really annoying. What size HD do you have in your xbox, maybe ones that use the new 120+format are all having trouble. Thats the only differentiating feature I can think of between xbox's that might mess with the slowdowns.

Shadowlaw

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2003, 06:58:00 AM »

My HD is exactly 120GB...but indeed before running it the first time I had already run 4979.06, which might change the hd table or something...dunno how to undo that though

pez

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2003, 07:08:00 AM »

If I understand your description correctly, the intro video plays at the correct speed but after the game exits out of the (Bink?) video player and into the game menu, everything is slow as molasses. This includes the actual gameplay and game rendered animations during transitions.

Does the game still run at 5 fps when burned to recordable DVD? That would rule out the problem specifically being the hard drive.

Shadowlaw

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2003, 07:46:00 AM »

Your description is indeed exactly what happens. I can ask a friend to burn it on dvd and see what happens then.

It's a very weird problem though! blink.gif

Shadowlaw

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2003, 12:21:00 AM »

cid386 any more news on the situation? I've been trying things like mad, but I cannot figure out what is going wrong here. We really seem to be the only ones with this problem.

On another account, is anyone running Prince of Persia successfully with the 4979 bios?

satan666

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2003, 01:47:00 AM »

Amazing that there are so many pirates on here,Mods are not doing there job

Shadowlaw

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2003, 01:59:00 AM »

Who is talking about piracy?

For all you know, people here are backupping their original game. Please go point your finger at someone else if you have nothing better to do!

Mr Ed

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2003, 06:28:00 AM »

QUOTE (satan666 @ Nov 18 2003, 03:47 AM)
Amazing that there are so many pirates on here,Mods are not doing there job

I'm right here, and don't see a problem with this thread.  No one's talking about piracy here.

Move along. laugh.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5