xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Discussion: GDF ISOs vs. Optimized ISOs  (Read 379 times)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Discussion: GDF ISOs vs. Optimized ISOs
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2003, 10:58:00 PM »

Sorry if I wasn't more clear... Cross-Compliant.. files from one work well (seemlessly) with the other and vice versa.. and Xeero stated.

I'm preparing a SEGA test bed.. since SEGA titles have been notorious slow loaders in the past regardless of method used to compile as an iso.

feflicker

• Archived User
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2003, 07:02:00 AM »

I'm preparing a SEGA test bed.. since SEGA titles have been notorious slow loaders in the past regardless of method used to compile as an iso.

Wow, more test results! Thanks for the time you are spending HSDEMONZ, those of us interested in this thread do appreciate it  beerchug.gif

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2003, 07:15:00 AM »

Craxtion Version 3.1 should be able to open all QWIX ISO's along with some of the other ones that it was having problems with (XISO, XXXISO, XTOOLBOX, etc...)

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2003, 07:49:00 AM »

QUOTE (feflicker @ Nov 23 2003, 05:02 PM)

Wow, more test results! Thanks for the time you are spending HSDEMONZ, those of us interested in this thread do appreciate it  beerchug.gif

Yep!
Waiting patiently for results!

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2003, 06:07:00 PM »

QUOTE (Devenic @ Nov 20 2003, 12:33 PM)
QUOTE (Xeero @ Nov 20 2003, 01:07 PM)
Devenic, any chance you could add shell extensions in 1.1?  I am in love with Qwix and am currently pursuing a serious relationship with it, but I can't see myself popping the big question if I have to run the program then load the file everytime I want to do something.  laugh.gif

Haha...  good stuff.   biggrin.gif    Try using Windows' "Open With" feature.  Qwix can open an ISO (just one, not a bunch) or a Qwix batch (.xbf) from the command line, so Open With will allow you to pass that file to the program.  This at least allows you to fill in the batch list.  You can also drag and drop ISO files to the batch list from Explorer.

Did you have other shell integration features in mind?

While that's functional, it would be nice if you could take a page from SimpleX ISO's book.  If I right-click on an ISO9660 file, I get the usual context menu, including an "Open" option to open it up in ISOBuster.  However, if I right-click on a GDF ISO with SimpleX's shell extensions established, it recognizes it as a GDF ISO and gives several options to handle the ISO in the context menu.

I had tried to drag-and-drop before, and noticed it wasn't working.  Now that I read it, I notice that I can drag ISOs into the batch screen.  I had been trying to drag a folder into one of the Create ISO fields to have it autofill the path.  That'd be a nice feature. smile.gif

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2003, 07:50:00 PM »

Devenic, would it be possible to have Qwix tag all ISOs it creates to remind the user what was used to create it.  Right now there's really no way of telling how an ISO was made. I have ISOs dating back about a year and a half, and I can only assume I had made them with xISO.  However, it would be cool if an application could return the title of the ISO creation program by reading this tag.  I know extract-xiso puts a tag in the ISO.  Perhaps you could follow their precedent and put a tag in the same position if possible.

devlkore

• Archived User
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2003, 04:54:00 AM »

I just thought you should know.

Back in the day (before I killed my Philips drive), I made a non-dummied ISO of Genma Onimusha with Xiso and burnt it at 4x (by accident) and it loaded faster than the original and apart from the initial loading it was even faster than off the harddrive.

huh.gif  blink.gif  wink.gif  uhh.gif

Devenic

• Archived User
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2003, 06:34:00 PM »

Glad you like it ahno.  Still good things coming, so stay tuned.

Qwix currently patches only default.xbe (it won't auto-patch other XBE files).  I'll be changing that at some point, but have other features that have taken higher priority for 1.1.  With many BIOS releases, you don't even need the patching Qwix does, but if you do you can patch the ISO and then transfer it with Qwix.

And if you haven't tried it with Avalaunch, you should!  smile.gif

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2003, 08:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Nov 23 2003, 08:58 AM)
Sorry if I wasn't more clear... Cross-Compliant.. files from one work well (seemlessly) with the other and vice versa.. and Xeero stated.

Still no updates?

wsly

• Archived User
« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2003, 05:55:00 AM »

Devenic, is there any performace issue with an iso created from using "create iso from ftp" function? Or is it better to always ftp the backup to your pc first, before creating the iso?

Devenic

• Archived User
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2003, 04:56:00 PM »

The biggest problem is that original discs are locked in a really funky way, and appear to be encrypted.  Linux can't magically work around the protection.  You can't just open the disc and read raw data.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]