xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Is It A Thomson, Philips, Or Samsung?  (Read 1177 times)

atombomb

• Archived User
Is It A Thomson, Philips, Or Samsung?
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2003, 09:28:00 AM »

My Phillips original DVD-reader is broken.

Can i use a PC DVD-reader ?

T.S.

dreamcast2001

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2003, 03:28:00 AM »

finally i got my xbox working properly..after all that..i thought after replacing the thomson to samsung wont fix my problem at all ..but it turn out that my mod chip just needed to be flashed..all ok now my samsung drive is awesome no problem and it loads really fast..got to go and play prince of persia!!!

nothingisttrue

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2003, 04:30:00 AM »

you go to electronics boutique buy a used one tell em you want to check out the drive . i did it  went through 5 of em before i found one with samsung but their usally cool there and dont give a shit.there 130 used there now i think

shaggymcp

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: December 14, 2003, 10:05:00 AM »

tongue.gif    Here is my question..... has anyone taken there Xbox back to best buy, and do they give you any shit over it or do they just exchange it on the spot no questions asked.   Also what do you think my chances are for returning it and getting a Samsung drive ?  I was told that all the holiday bundles with Tetris and Star wars came with samsung drive but I guess they were wrong.....  ohmy.gif

Also can anyone with a thompson and a Samsung, confirm this for me.  I have the movie True Lies and I can watch the moive all the way up to the point where Arnolds wife gets interigated by Arnold and his partner, and then the movie starts to freeze up and it won't play.  I also skipped ahead a few chapters and it will continue to play.   can anyone else with true lies try this and post what dvd drive you have as well.  I want to know if it is just somthing wrong with the thompson drive or my xbox.

Thx for any help  biggrin.gif

Viddie

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2003, 09:43:00 PM »

if i burn a cd-r game does this mean it will play without any modding?

Skate-Zilla

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2003, 02:58:00 PM »

smile.gif

EDIT #2 : I Found this though..
http://search.ebay.c...ry=XBOX SAMSUNG

And THis Page is Good Too:

http://www.llamma.co...ement_parts.htm

STAPTEP

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: December 17, 2003, 11:00:00 PM »

What is result with Philips “firmwareed”?
Does he show better results with dif. media?

/////Dec.18
How to do this with this 128Kb file (Philips)… How to use this “MtkWinFlash.exe”! FTP!?!
I try to find some tutorial… anyone knows?

cabshield

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: December 18, 2003, 02:11:00 PM »

do all new version xbox's come with samsung drives or is it still the range of 3

holbry

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2003, 05:33:00 AM »

I was going to buy a disk drive that would play burnt cd's. There are 2 that I found a SAMSUNG 616T and a Samsung
SDG-605 Can you please post which one is better and why...Thanks

Skate-Zilla

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2003, 06:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (holbry @ Dec 21 2003, 03:33 PM)
I was going to buy a disk drive that would play burnt cd's. There are 2 that I found a SAMSUNG 616T and a Samsung
SDG-605 Can you please post which one is better and why...Thanks

One Of Them is a Retired Design, and Requires a ATA100 Cable.. 616t I think.. and its really the same model but the 616t was built for the PC.  and the User Flashed the ROM with the XBOX Rom... To Make it Xbox Compatible... and It Requires a DC 5v HDD Power Splitter to split the power form the HDD Power Cable to Both the HDD and The DVDROM Cuz it uses the Standard PC Power Connections instead of the XBOX MultiCable Etc.

Im Gonna Wait Till my Warranty Expires then Switch the DVD Rom and Add Some Better Cooling Fans to the GPU/CPU and Re-DO the Top Casing to Allow More Efficient Cooling.

Funny Microsfot  Put a ATA100 Controller in the Box But only ATA66 CD/HDD

Bar81

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2003, 05:22:00 AM »

Well, I'm not sure why the Thompson drives get such a bad rap as mine has been great in media compatability.  It reads my DVD+Rs burned at 8x and CD-RW (non-virgin) but not cdr. The only thing that sucks is it's a first gen JP LE xbox so the damn drive leaves tiny circular scratches on the discs that don't affect gameplay but could annoy you if you play your originals (I use backups so doesn't matter)

shadow563

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: December 24, 2003, 12:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (cabshield @ Dec 19 2003, 12:11 AM)
do all new version xbox's come with samsung drives or is it still the range of 3

i bought one from lookformeb and he said it had a samsung, and it is a new one. So I think yes

lookformeb

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: December 26, 2003, 07:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (shadow563 @ Dec 24 2003, 04:11 PM)
QUOTE (cabshield @ Dec 19 2003, 12:11 AM)

i bought one from lookformeb and he said it had a samsung, and it is a new one. So I think yes

Not all... but most of the new Xboxes have had Samsungs.  I actually have a client who wants a Thomson specifically and I'm having a hard time finding one.   tongue.gif

talitiga

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2003, 03:49:00 AM »

I've found that Samsungs cannot rip dvd movies to hd where as Phillips can. And thompsons totally suck. I know most people probably don't back up dvd movies on their xbox but just a point of interest incase someone else might like to know.

akillamuthafucca

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2003, 03:46:00 PM »

I jusy purcheased 10 xbox's with manufacture dates of  6 30 03 how do I know without openeing the box if its a sammy  look I donot want to open the cardboard box itself so can I tell or not
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]