xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Backing Up Enter The Matrix AKA ETM  (Read 851 times)

SkmNet

• Archived User
Backing Up Enter The Matrix AKA ETM
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2003, 03:35:00 PM »

just like i wrote above, i did not need any patch for pal ETM. just flashed the newest bios. and you dont need a list of files to change. its really easy: _g_ in filnames is for ghost, _n_ for niobe and _s_ for both. ghost disc: just exchange all movies with _n_ in it with the atari logo and rename them. the disc is small enough to burn. niobe disc: do the same as above with all _g_ movie files. disc is still too big. so go to level-folder  and exchange any levelfiles with _g_ in them, until its about 4,3gb. the _g_ levels are really not necessary for the niobe disc. have fun with the game :-)

tigger007

• Archived User
« Reply #136 on: June 13, 2003, 10:59:00 PM »

QUOTE (DMagic1 @ May 22 2003, 06:17 AM)
I thought of doing that too long ago but instead I decided to do something a little different. I basically made a 2 disk set for the game. Both disk are completely playable for the entire game. The first disk has the  atari.vid replacing the last  3 movies in the FMV folder( g82_s.vid, g89_g.vid, and g89_n.vid ). The second disk has the atari.vid replacing 5 movies in the FMV folder that are early in the game ( g01_s.vid, g11_s.vid, g27_s.vid, g37_s.vid, g40_g.vid ). You use the first disk to about the start of the sixth mission. You use the second disk for the rest of the game.

You can play with any character on either disk.
Both disk work fine and fit easily.

can i have more information on renaming the files with atari.vid please give me an example newbie........

bist

• Archived User
« Reply #137 on: June 18, 2003, 02:30:00 AM »

Ok guys. I have anotther question. I always use HDDLoader for my games and copy them to my disk. For Enter The Matrix if i use hddloader the xbox just reboots when I try to start the game.

I read something about mediacheck and that I should use the latest bios to workaround this. Is this true.

Let me know ,,,

Thnx

SkmNet

• Archived User
« Reply #138 on: June 19, 2003, 12:30:00 PM »

yes, just install the latest xecuter2 bios and it will boot!

LinksAwakening

• Archived User
« Reply #139 on: June 19, 2003, 07:53:00 PM »

I brought this up before, but no one answered, and I've never played ETM so I don't know but: How similar are the movie files for Ghost and Niobe?

If they are pretty much the same, just with different player models, couldn't you just delete all of Niobe's movies and re-link them to Ghost's (or vice-versa)?

DMagic1

• Archived User
« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2003, 07:04:00 PM »

QUOTE (LinksAwakening @ Jun 19 2003, 10:53 PM)
I brought this up before, but no one answered, and I've never played ETM so I don't know but: How similar are the movie files for Ghost and Niobe?

If they are pretty much the same, just with different player models, couldn't you just delete all of Niobe's movies and re-link them to Ghost's (or vice-versa)?

I think thats the best solution for a ripped single disk.

aNAREXIA

• Archived User
« Reply #141 on: June 23, 2003, 06:03:00 AM »

QUOTE (bist @ Jun 18 2003, 10:30 AM)
Ok guys. I have anotther question. I always use HDDLoader for my games and copy them to my disk. For Enter The Matrix if i use hddloader the xbox just reboots when I try to start the game.

I read something about mediacheck and that I should use the latest bios to workaround this. Is this true.

That's because HDDloader won't copy the files with the extreme long filenames.

grtz
aNAREXIA

DMagic1

• Archived User
« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2003, 06:21:00 AM »

No I dont.

gppg20

• Archived User
« Reply #143 on: July 02, 2003, 03:12:00 PM »

Why not just overburn it? Some Cd-r and Dvd-r show 4.7Gb or 800mb but some manufactures make more room on theirs vs. others. If ETM is 4.68 it should fit

giblet

• Archived User
« Reply #144 on: July 04, 2003, 06:20:00 AM »

unsure.gif

Tell me has anyone bothered playing that piece of shit more than once...?  laugh.gif

SpOuK3

• Archived User
« Reply #145 on: July 07, 2003, 04:27:00 PM »

I have a question ... Ive burn Enter the matrix on a DVD-RW and it works perfectly ... Now ive burn it on a DVD-R disk at 1x ..

It tell me !Unknown! ... ??? Why ... Ive tried two times and it doesnt work .... But the DVD-RW works perfectly ... WHY ??

Bios is Xecuter2 4974.02

Mr Ed

• Archived User
« Reply #146 on: August 07, 2003, 07:50:00 PM »

sad.gif   dry.gif   uhh.gif
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]