xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33

Author Topic: Patching New Games - Comments, Questions, Patches  (Read 2233 times)

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
Patching New Games - Comments, Questions, Patches
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2003, 06:44:00 PM »

XEERO.. that means that the other topic was MERGED with this one!  It's my standard MERGE notice! smile.gif

Rileq

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: March 15, 2003, 07:11:00 PM »

Thank you, lbknight! That was the problem...not patching wsb.xbe. Thanks again!

LicketySplit

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2003, 09:02:00 PM »

I get the exact same thing with WSB 2k3. After patching it will boot to the loading screen, then revert back to the evox dash. Has anyone got this to load off the HD?

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2003, 09:13:00 PM »

Loads of the HDD fine.  Try to disable IGR.

ferrari13

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2003, 10:06:00 PM »

Do i disable the IGR in the three places in the evox.ini and what does IGR do?

you guys rock biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: March 15, 2003, 11:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (HSDEMONZ @ Mar 15 2003, 10:44 PM)
XEERO.. that means that the other topic was MERGED with this one!  It's my standard MERGE notice! smile.gif

Right.  Just didn't notice any threads merged into this one, that's all.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: March 15, 2003, 11:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (DANNYstallone @ Mar 15 2003, 11:53 PM)
am i the only one that doesnt know how to use the patch??? i have that xbpatch2 and i have the slightest clue how to use it  uhh.gif  can someone make a tut for it???

There's a readme file in xbpatch2 zip file that shows the basic syntax.  You still don't get it?  You just go to the command-prompt, and type:

C:\> xbpatch2 default.xbe
or
C:\> xbpatch2 wsb.xbe
or
C:\> xbpatch2 wsb2k3.iso

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: March 15, 2003, 11:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (LicketySplit @ Mar 16 2003, 01:02 AM)
I get the exact same thing with WSB 2k3. After patching it will boot to the loading screen, then revert back to the evox dash. Has anyone got this to load off the HD?

From what I'm reading, wsb.xbe also has to be patched.  Same way you patch default.xbe.  Or you can just run the patch on the ISO to check all the game files for media checks.  Will safely disable them in the ISO file as well, but it may take a minute or two to check all files.

LepPpeR

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: March 16, 2003, 12:29:00 AM »

I did not have a problem with Dead to Rights (NTSC) version.  Do you have IGR on?  if so turn it off and let us know.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: March 16, 2003, 04:52:00 AM »

QUOTE (finkl_00 @ Mar 16 2003, 04:24 AM)
Hi Xeero, another game you may need pactching is dead to rights. I copied the whole game into my HD. When executing the game, nothing happens. Also the version of the game is in PAL.

Dead to Rights did not require a patch, though as LePpPeR said, it is known to conflict with EvoX's IGR.  Disable IGR under "Misc" Settings and try again.  I'm confident that will work.

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: March 16, 2003, 04:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (L!M!T @ Mar 16 2003, 08:50 AM)
Hey fellas,

I am thinking of implementing this function into xISO xFER.

I assume the bytesequence in Xeero's batchfile patcher is the correct one to look for/patch
(talking about 20 or 22 bytesequences)?

Regards,
L!M!T

The 20-byte string I had initially reported is the correct one.

00 74 4B E8 CA FD FF FF 85 C0 7D 06 33 C0 50 50 EB 44 F6 05
to
00 74 4B E8 CA FD FF FF 85 C0 EB 06 33 C0 50 50 EB 44 F6 05

It would be quick if xISO xFER checked every XBE file for the new media descriptor before copying.  It wouldn't cause any noticeable delays, and you could be sure to check the game thoroughly for any more protections (I don't foresee a media descriptor being anyplace other than an XBE file).

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: March 16, 2003, 07:26:00 AM »

That byte sequence you specified (7D 06 33 C0 50 50 EB) was a component of a different string I had experimented with, but I found that it showed up in XBE files that really had no new media check at all.  The media check only seems to be active when the bytes that precede your string in the 20-byte string I had selected are present.  Perhaps these bytes are a part of a larger failure/jump-to-byte routine that lapses the string you had selected.

Although the entire 20-byte string may not be necessary for the media check, it was just a search string I specified to ensure the change was made to the proper location in the file.  Your string may be more central to the media check itself, but it tends to trigger changes to the file even when none are necessary, which I generally don't consider a good idea.  Conversely, the aforementioned 20-byte string only triggers any changes made to the file when the media check is present.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: March 16, 2003, 07:59:00 AM »

XEERO.. here is a question for you.. when using YOUR Tool on a complete ISO.. does it check and fix EVERY instance of the string?

I'll finally find some time tonight to play with you patch.. and Bounty's...

---

On an unrelated note.. COPYHAUNTER.. you new pointer to the updated file didn't work.. email me the new file and I'll host it!

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: March 16, 2003, 08:23:00 AM »

It should work with the entire ISO and patch every instance of the media check (i.e., in WSB2K3, it should patch default.xbe and wsb.xbe).  However, in the WSB2K3 example, it hadn't patched the wsb.xbe file for whatever reason, based on what a user had told me.  I just picked up the game today, so I'll be testing that myself in a few minutes.

If I had any time to actually play these games after I test them, I'd feel like I wasn't overspending  laugh.gif

CYCLOPSE

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2003, 08:46:00 AM »

On an unrelated note.. COPYHAUNTER.. you new pointer to the updated file didn't work.. email me the new file and I'll host it!
i hope im not wrong on this but.....as i understand copy hunters first product looked for the entire 20 byte sequense which was right....then someone did a bad burn on the one baseball game(not wsb) and he did another copy to just fix the little area in the 20 byte hex strand to fix that problem.....But this game has no problems... many games have that small byte sequense and work perfectly without being patched.so as a conclusion the game must have the entire 20 byte hex strand to not work and not just the little part inside it so copyhaunters first product would work and his second product wouldnt work as of what i understand?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 33