xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: XISO - Questions, Comments, and Bug Reports  (Read 201 times)

Mr Ed

• Archived User
XISO - Questions, Comments, and Bug Reports
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2003, 08:27:00 AM »

beerchug.gif

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2003, 08:50:00 AM »

smile.gif

Yursoft

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2003, 01:39:00 AM »

Hi HSDEMONZ,

In xISO works the extraction 100%, except for some bad isos made it by other tools that dont follow the correct steps to create a XDFS ISO (not GDFIMAGE lol).

The xISO creation section failed (<=1.10) when exists a lot files in the same folder.....
I didnt correct it soon because until February I dont chipped my xbox and Shawn become as betatester...
By other hand, only two or three persons (of up to 300 emails I received) report me that some games didnt work with the xISO.... I think, mmmm maybe they are doing something wrong or they dont ripped well the game....

By this reasons I didnt fixed quickly the xISO problem.
Sorry for all coasters again.

The XBOX ISO making tools (all, include my program) its the more lame tool created, because its something that only can be used for pirate games....
If you only want install EvoX or XBMP, you only need UDF.... but if you want create disc that xbox can read it a bit more quick (XDFS), you only want it because you pirate games (or backuped games to be more legal (lol)).

I have a lot of other things to do in my life before xISO, If you dont like, DONT USE it, and dont blame me, because nobody helps to make it well or something else...

After all, Im going to retouch your text:

"HAH! For over 1 year.. you have telling that xISO makes bad isos... and after this year someone can do a good tool for make xbox isos (simpleX), WOAHH very very very quickly incredible!!!"
Please If you dont like it, dont blame me, I dont earn money with it..... and If you want a good xISO, help....

And all that I do is for hobby, its not my obligation do it well or quickly because you say it.
Other thing..... Im not a enterprise or something else..... YurSoft only is my nick and my homepage...

Bye
Yursoft

the_Watchers_eye

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2003, 02:04:00 AM »

Just wanted to say that your program for me was the best looking and the easiest extraction/creating tool, I did have 1 problem with it but that is all, which was to create a gdf image from an extracted game - the program started using nearly 100% cpu and it was using up all of my RAM. I have 512MBs of RAM, it was using over 300MBs at that time. Not sure what happened, it did it everytime on that particular game, I am sorry but I cannot remember the name of that game anymore, this was a couple of months ago. However I am still confident to use your program, and hope that there are no major bugs with the latest release.

Yursoft

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2003, 02:29:00 AM »

wink.gif. I will recode completely the xbox iso creation.
It will more stable and 100% GDF format compatible.

Bye
Yursoft

Novahux

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2003, 03:09:00 AM »

beerchug.gif Yursoft  (the real, Yursoft)....

Yursoft

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2003, 05:14:00 AM »

wink.gif

the_Watchers_eye

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2003, 11:13:00 AM »

no problem, hope all the feedback will help you make it better.

CYCLOPSE

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2003, 11:27:00 AM »

the old version of xiso gave me a lil trouble but the new program none! i only make an iso tho if it is a sega game (because of slow loading times) but for those sega games that i make they all work thx yorsoft!

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2003, 04:04:00 AM »

I have a lot of other things to do in my life before xISO, If you dont like, DONT USE it, and dont blame me, because nobody helps to make it well or something else...

I like the tool just fine.. however.. you have not been here.. on this site.. "supporting" this program.  Others.. on the otherhand.. have been helping users with the problems with your software for 6 to 8 month now.  I will continue to use your program.. and will continue to make updates on the status of it's bugginess. Until you FIX it.. do not expect those of use who have had to help everyone else here to shut up and go away.  It simply isn't going to happen.

"HAH! For over 1 year.. you have telling that xISO makes bad isos... and after this year someone can do a good tool for make xbox isos (simpleX), WOAHH very very very quickly incredible!!!"

Actually.. we have a number of tools that produce working images fine.. and alternately.. we have methods where NO tool is needed (UDF Method)  All of which are better than using a program.. by someone who during the 90 percent of the his programs developement/release cycle didn't have a modded xbox to test on.. and didn't fixes age old bugs.

Please If you dont like it, dont blame me, I dont earn money with it..... and If you want a good xISO, help....

Actaully.. assuming you are the REAL YURSOFT.. I did try to help you.  I've been on your board numerous times.. given you dozens of bug reports.  I've invited you to XBOX-SCENE more than once.  I've only ever gotten one reply.. saying much what you say here... "My engish not good.. this is hobby.... program works fine!"  Course.. you wrote that before you admitted that XISO produced coasters!

And all that I do is for hobby, its not my obligation do it well or quickly because you say it.
Other thing..... Im not a enterprise or something else..... YurSoft only is my nick and my homepage...

You are right.. you have NO obligation.  I don't expect any.  NOr do I expect QUICK fixes.  But after 6 to 8 months.. we do expect you to fix old bugs before adding new features.

I am encouraged that you want to now come here.. and learn about the many problems with your program.. and that you'll finally be replying to messages here.

Consider this your BUG Thread.. post Notices and bug reports here!

Everyone else with problems or issues with XISO, please post in this thread from now on!

rooicity

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2003, 04:16:00 AM »

grr.gif

For god sake people, why use a shitty program like XISO if you can use ISOMAKER by CDRSKULL which is a win32 applic that starts the official MS product called GDFimage that creates 100% original ISO's with the Xbox File System Format.

I don't care how many people of you say ... i didn't have any problems with XISO ...
it still sucks big times ... it's like a friggin virus and should be destroyed

L!M!T

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2003, 04:39:00 AM »

I just want to clarify one thing;

XISO - the tool made by Yursoft (http://www.yursoft.com) is NOT the same tool as

xISO xFER - the extract/transfer tool by moĆ­ (http://limit.agent55.com/xFER)

Similar names, but two different tools.

Thank you.

Regards,
L!M!T

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2003, 04:49:00 AM »

Common threads Merged!

Xeero

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2003, 04:58:00 AM »

I agree with HSDEMONZ here.  A year ago I started out using xISO and didn't have too many problems with it myself.  A few problems here and there, but it was the only game in town, so I dealt with it.  Since then, there have been numerous other independant releases that create perfect ISOs and work flawlessly, yes they get little to no recognition because xISO was the first program out and the first program with which people could make DVD-R backups (before the UDF method became widely known).  Because YurSoft hastily released a buggy program that far-from-parallelled any resemblance of a GDF ISO, the entire scene has suffered.

I have provided 8 months of support to all those in this forum looking for help backing up their games. Over these months, I have seen such an incredible volume of problems that have been fixed when the user opts to create their ISO with a different program, and yet people continue to use it!  This has made me hardened against the program.  Yes, there have been newer releases, but with secondary features such as Mode 1 burning and now xISO Studio?  If xISO is the buggiest of the bunch when it comes to ISO creation/extraction, why would one choose it over tried-and-true suites like Nero, RecordNow Max, and others?  If they did try it, it was only because of the residual xISO propaganda resulting from it's hasty release.  I think the resources would have been better spent fixing the existent bugs.

I realize that Yursoft did not have a modified Xbox at his/their disposal for a fair period of time.  I don't consider this an excuse.  What responsible programmer creates software with no potential method of debugging it?  If I created a half-functional program with lofty claims and did not debug it, I would not release it to the public until I could verify the bugs were out.  If I did, I would expect people to come down on my chastising my previous claims.  Granted, people do not have to use it, but I also think the creator of the software should accept the greater responsibility - they made it, they can fix it.  To not do so is irresponsible.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2003, 05:03:00 AM »

Maybe YURSOFT should have made it OPEN source it if he truly wanted to make a rock solid program.. other could have fixed the bugs six months ago that he still hasn't dealt with.

Anyone truly wanting to help the scene.. and not make any $$$.. would open source the code anyways.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4