xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance  (Read 618 times)

MorfiusX

• Archived User
Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2003, 02:12:00 PM »

how are you trying to rip it? are trying to divide it to 2 dvds or put it on the hard drive. If you're putting it on the hard drive, you've messed something up cause it plays fine off of it. Use XBxopy to copy directly from the disk to the hard drive (no ftp)

LinksAwakening

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2003, 04:36:00 PM »

Probably the only way you will get it to work is to "unpad" the files. Other than that, you would need 2 DVD-R's and a bigger HDD.

I hope you find a way to rip it, but seeing as how no Xbox Iso release groups have been able to "properly" release it, it seems as though it probably never will be.

Keep trying though, who knows, maybe you'll find out the answer and find a way to protect from this sort of problem in to future.

MorfiusX

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2003, 06:35:00 PM »

The thing is this, if you "unpad" the files, the xbe won't load them correctly. What we need is some one to rip apart the xbe, recode it a make a patch for everyone else. Then make a small prog to unpad the files. I'm gonna take a screen shot from where I archived the game. It's crazy how much these files are padded. The game is actually a little over 3gb. Padded it's 6.5gb approx. Do you know any good programmers?

LinksAwakening

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2003, 06:42:00 PM »

I still have a few ideas up my sleeve (one includes either a 2-3 dvd rip  ) and will try them all before resorting to having to use my original to play the game.

3 DVDS!?!?!? blink.gif  Kinda reminds me of that 4 cd release of Halo.

LinksAwakening

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2003, 01:38:00 PM »

Keep trying man! This could lead to great knowledge in future ripping. We can't let these companies outsmart us!!!

darylzero

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2003, 07:24:00 PM »

bump

losturmarbles

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2003, 03:59:00 PM »

this may be a stupid suggestion and probably wouldnt work, but if there is a lot of audio or video files in the game... could you re-encode them at a smaller bitrate?

Mikerocosms

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2003, 05:06:00 PM »

No such thing as a stupid question man (well not all the time at least).

That cant be done because all the files are huge .DAT files which means that all the real files (audio and video) are bundled up into it, sort of like a zipped file.

They cannot be simply extracted because they are usually encrypted just like the PS2 version. So in this particular case we are stuck with all the large .DAT files.

Mike!

w-giz

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2003, 04:27:00 PM »

I currently have it on my PC HD.

What about this:
- figuring out which files required for playing the first half of the game
- figuring out which files are required for the menu's
Burining all this with the default.xbe to one disc.  This would be disc 1.

- figuring out which files required for playing the second half of the game
Burining all this with the default.xbe to another disc.... This would be disc 2.

The game couldn't possibly check for ALL the files on boot up... This would take too long...

I have ShenmueII and am not sure how to back it up.  I may try this angle.  There are 4 folders labled 1-4 and I am wondering if 1 and 2 could go on 1 disc, along with all of the other folders on the disc (and the default.xbe).  I'll put 3 and 4 on another disc, (Again along with all the other folders and the default.xbe).

Anyone think this will give me a 2 disc backup (albiet inconvienent...)

If anyone knows how to PROPERLY back this title up, your feedback would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Mikerocosms

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2003, 04:47:00 PM »

QUOTE (w-giz @ Jan 29 2003, 01:27 AM)

What about this:
Burining all this with the default.xbe to one disc.  This would be disc 1.

Burining all this with the default.xbe to another disc.... This would be disc 2.

The game couldn't possibly check for ALL the files on boot up... This would take too long...

I did those techniques already as a matter of fact that was my main objective. I have tried every combination of files and could not get it to get past the first intro scene.

Now for your Shenmue 2 question:

All you need to do is delete one large Movie file (If I remember correctly its about 700mb or so) and all it is, is a recap from the first Shenmue and not needed for the game. That will make your game fit on one dvdr so you can play it fully.

If you would do me the favor of reminding me which file that was called and what folder it was in I could make a simple ripkit for it.

I already made one for Genma Onimusha, go here for it:

http://forums.xbox-s...=0

Mike!

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2003, 05:33:00 PM »

QUOTE (Mikerocosms @ Jan 29 2003, 01:47 AM)
QUOTE (w-giz @ Jan 29 2003, 01:27 AM)

What about this:
Burining all this with the default.xbe to one disc.  This would be disc 1.

I did those techniques already as a matter of fact that was my main objective. I have tried every combination of files and could not get it to get past the first intro scene.

Now for your Shenmue 2 question:

All you need to do is delete one large Movie file (If I remember correctly its about 700mb or so) and all it is, is a recap from the first Shenmue and not needed for the game. That will make your game fit on one dvdr so you can play it fully.

If you would do me the favor of reminding me which file that was called and what folder it was in I could make a simple ripkit for it.

I already made one for Genma Onimusha, go here for it:

http://forums.xbox-s...=0

Mike!

2 mike i do my own ripping and coding and your on crack when it comes to killing off the movie.... That is the worst thing you can do because it a movie is missing it will eat shit. "Dirty Disk error" To make Shenmue 2 play correctly on a DVD-R with no problems... you have to go to folders XOUT, XHAR, XAB on the root and down sample the audio. these files are for the arcade in the game like hang on and shit. if your not gonna play the arcade all the time then just make dummy audio files.. they have to play real music... This works alot better then getting an error. I guess its up to me to acutally take a look at MGS2 sense im the only one here that has a clue on about recoding. I never looked at or  cared for that shitty game in the first place.

~Smokey

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2003, 06:13:00 PM »

Mikerocosms, Be a bigger man and take it like a man that you made an error in your advice. that you jumped the gun and didnt do your homework first. any and all rippers know that you always do audio first if you can and then video. its common and surprised that no one told you this sense you come from the POS2 scene. Its the frist thing ya learn buddy.

Mikerocosms

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2003, 04:26:00 AM »

Actually thats not how I learned things smokeingit, I picked up ripping on my own and no one told me how to do things. Once I got in I shared info with other rippers and they with me. But taking out audio first wasnt on anyones adjenda.

I think I did fine when taking out that movie file. It really doesnt hinder the game, and I wonder why you take such offence when I did do that. Im not forcing you or anyone for that matter to use my ideas its just for people would like to try it.

Mike!

LinksAwakening

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2003, 01:23:00 PM »

Smokeingit, I really doubt you know as much about ripping as most of the people here do.

Mikerocosms knows what he's talking about and he knows what he's doing. He has already made great progress in his Metal Gear Solid 2 work.

You just seem like a 12 year old kid who read a ripping guide on a different site, and you came here to try and show off your "skill".

Ripping MGS2 has absolutely nothing to do with simply downsampling, replacing, or relinking files. If it were that simple, why would anybody bother to ask about it, as those are simple things to do. Even someone like you (Smokeingit) could probably do that much.

The real problem with MGS ripping is much deeper than you could ever imagine of solving, so I wouldn't even bother trying if I were you.

You won't find a 2 page summary on how to rip MGS2 like you found your PS2 ripping guides. Chill out man.

You should really read these full threads before jumping in like a 12 year old know-it-all, who really knows nothing. All you're doing is annoying everyone.

smokeingit

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2003, 09:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (LinksAwakening @ Jan 29 2003, 10:23 PM)
Smokeingit, I really doubt you know as much about ripping as most of the people here do.

Mikerocosms knows what he's talking about and he knows what he's doing. He has already made great progress in his Metal Gear Solid 2 work.

You just seem like a 12 year old kid who read a ripping guide on a different site, and you came here to try and show off your "skill".

Ripping MGS2 has absolutely nothing to do with simply downsampling, replacing, or relinking files. If it were that simple, why would anybody bother to ask about it, as those are simple things to do. Even someone like you (Smokeingit) could probably do that much.

The real problem with MGS ripping is much deeper than you could ever imagine of solving, so I wouldn't even bother trying if I were you.

You won't find a 2 page summary on how to rip MGS2 like you found your PS2 ripping guides. Chill out man.

You should really read these full threads before jumping in like a 12 year old know-it-all, who really knows nothing. All you're doing is annoying everyone.

You do not know who i am nor do i expect you to even concive who i am. but i know for sure being that i did put into the scene and i did do my own hex editing have more then an idea. I dont go around telling people what group i was in nor do i give a monkeys ass what you fucking think. i already made my mark.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9