xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mgs2 -my Tests + Results-  (Read 89 times)

razorrifh

• Archived User
Mgs2 -my Tests + Results-
« on: November 17, 2002, 09:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (mamoru @ Nov 17 2002, 03:52 PM)
Konami put a sort of  PROTECTION on the game, I think they build the game around 2 STACK FILES (call them disc1.dat and disc2.dat). For technical matters Xbox cannot handle big stack files (over 3Gb) so they probably split them in 8 parts.
You need to look at every files as A PART OF ONE BIG STACK FILE and not as single-stand alone files...
I mean that there is a sort of continuity between files: eg. You cannot rip file 6 and leave 7 and 8 because to reach file 7 the game will "read" file 6.

by stack file, do you mean 1 large file that holds multiple files like the original ps2 version? i'm not up on all the lingo  tongue.gif  those are some good observations, but i have been able to boot the game with just the files i specified. ill make a little video in a few minutes. hopefully people wont think i'm lying then, lol. good hacking though! much appreciated. we need a reindexer if stack files means what i think, and sorry, but i'm not that good at programming yet. or file extracting  laugh.gif

thick

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2002, 11:23:00 AM »

Help !!!  sad.gif   What am I dong wrong. I've put :-

default.xbe
disc1_0.dat
disc1_1.dat
disc1_2.dat
disc1_3.dat
disc1_4.dat
disc1_5.dat
disc1_6.dat
disc1_7.dat
disc1_8.dat
disc2_0.dat
disc2_1.dat
disc2_2.dat
disc2_3.dat
disc2_4.dat
disc2_5.dat
disc2_6.dat
disc2_7.dat
disc2_8.dat

all in one dir. Game just goes into a blank after some text. Tried removing
disc1_7.dat
disc1_8.dat
disc2_7.dat
disc2_8.dat

Still a blank screen ???

Help please...

mamoru

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2002, 03:28:00 AM »

***UPDATE***

I'm playing with the 1 dvd set (without disc2_6.dat):

You can play a lot without it, but seem that the main cut-scenes belong to that file and the game freeze....
I'm on the tanker and (i think) near to the metal gear..the cut-scene in the hall full of marines cause the problem

It's impossible to rip that file...so the only solution it's the 4.5Gb rip (unable to fit on a 4.37 GB DVD)...