xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Has Anyone Used An IMac SuperDrive To Burn DVD-R?  (Read 85 times)

PS2MXBOX

• Archived User
Has Anyone Used An IMac SuperDrive To Burn DVD-R?
« on: December 05, 2002, 01:18:00 PM »

hello,
yes i have the same mac and dvd-r/w
It does work, just have your iso ready, use toast 5 select disc image and manually find your iso with the auto detect box unchecked.  make sure that you select 2048 mode after finding ur iso.  NEVER MOUNT the iso. Burn at 1x.  there is an excellent tutorial at xbox-scene.com called "Living with Mac OSX" or something.

it is only a matter of time until someone writes a mac xbox iso creater(look at the mac DC Pack)

-anytime

agentash

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2002, 04:50:00 AM »

Never saw the Mac DC pack, I was using PC then (only just got access to macs in the past year or so.)

I tried Stuffit with every file type I could, but I couldn't get it to open Spanned files, only single ones, (but it is an old version of Stuffit.)

Again, this is all Uni equipment, so I can't go updating everything. Firewire HDD is a  good idea though. Have to look into 5GB prices.

Thanks

agentash

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2002, 04:13:00 AM »

smile.gif

MdRT

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2002, 02:20:00 PM »

I don't see why it wouldn't work, I'm almost sure it can. Check your software, that would be the only limitation I can think of.

agentash

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2002, 09:54:00 AM »

i've burned DivX files on DVD-R on iMac to playback on XBMP, but I'm still trying to get a game ISO to burn. The biggest problem for me is moving 4gb file from my Pc to a Mac at Uni with a DVD-R drive, (since there is no xISO tool for the mac, so I have to do all that on my PC first.)

Anyone know of a file spanning format that works on Mac OS9, (Stuffit Expander) from PC?
Or of a Mac xISO tool?

Xevious

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2002, 09:59:00 AM »

wink.gif

I thought that stuffit could now read .rar files. Am I smoking something?