xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Not Sure If New Xbox Gamez Will Fit On Regular Dvd  (Read 99 times)

JuNioR

• Archived User
Not Sure If New Xbox Gamez Will Fit On Regular Dvd
« on: June 01, 2002, 08:54:00 AM »

Its not too soon to get a dvdr because by the time you hear about a dual layer dvdr xbox3 will be out...maybe..  smile.gif

Falcon

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2002, 02:31:00 PM »

since dvd can be read much better by the xbox i would suggest getting a dvd writer. with rewriteable dvd's you can leave small images on your harddrive and just burn them before you'll start playing.

The Legendary Rob

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2002, 04:37:00 AM »

majority of games will fit onto 4.7GB dvd. if not the scene groups will make it fit biggrin.gif  so go get ur dvd writer

MdRT

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2002, 12:43:00 PM »

The only game I know that wouldn't fit is MGS:Sub. But you wont see 4.7GB+ coming out regularly anytime soon.

Tommatt

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2002, 08:34:00 AM »

Well look at it this way, right now they are fitting full DVDs onto CD-r's right?  Look at the dreamcast scene (OMFG I MISS IT!!!  Best time of gaming in my life, and some of the shit the rls groups did)  check out Skies of Arcadia, HUUUUUUUGE Game.  2 GDRoms packed, well they came up with a compression format to decompress the game on the fly.  Nothing ripped, nothing downsampled, and I didn't notice it laggin at all while decompressing.  Thats one point.  Another... they said the DC wasn't hackable, they said the XBOX wasn't hackable, they said the Gamecube wasn't hackable .... (Ok so right now it is) but we all know it isn't true.  There will be a way found.  I don't care if games get to be 15GB, they WILL find a way to put them out.  SO I wouldn't worry.  And besides, whos to say they won't release a 9GB game onto 2 4.7 GB DVDs?

einhan

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2002, 09:04:00 AM »

Quote (Tommatt @ Jun 3 2002, 02:34 PM)
Well look at it this way, right now they are fitting full DVDs onto CD-r's right?  Look at the dreamcast scene (OMFG I MISS IT!!!  Best time of gaming in my life, and some of the shit the rls groups did)  check out Skies of Arcadia, HUUUUUUUGE Game.  2 GDRoms packed, well they came up with a compression format to decompress the game on the fly.  Nothing ripped, nothing downsampled, and I didn't notice it laggin at all while decompressing.  Thats one point.  Another... they said the DC wasn't hackable, they said the XBOX wasn't hackable, they said the Gamecube wasn't hackable .... (Ok so right now it is) but we all know it isn't true.  There will be a way found.  I don't care if games get to be 15GB, they WILL find a way to put them out.  SO I wouldn't worry.  And besides, whos to say they won't release a 9GB game onto 2 4.7 GB DVDs?

AMEN!

Ronnie

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2002, 01:24:00 PM »

Quote (MdRT @ Jun 2 2002, 02:43 PM)
The only game I know that wouldn't fit is MGS:Sub. But you wont see 4.7GB+ coming out regularly anytime soon.

MGS=METAL GEAR SOLID?Thats not a XBOX game!

MdRT

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2002, 01:34:00 PM »

Ronnie> HK and other gaming sites have said that the new "extra packed" MGS substance is supposed be more than 4.7 GB remember that the PS2 and Xbox's DVD's go above 4.7GB.
But don't expect ANY other game to do that, the amount of voices and movies is impressive in MGS2, and they're adding Solids adventure, VR adventures, and all these other extras, that's why.