xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Vga Woes For Me....  (Read 279 times)

atreyu187

• Archived User
Vga Woes For Me....
« on: August 17, 2011, 09:48:00 PM »

Help I have this and I can't get any video from it what so ever

http://www.mayflash....xb007/xb007.htm

Now I tried on my 1.6 as it was supposed to work on all models to no avail then I tried my 1.2 and still no go, someone told me to go back into the dash and turn on HD but I don't have that option. Anyone please a little help.

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Vga Woes For Me....
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 11:43:00 AM »

I dunno anything about the technical aspect of this adapter, but I am familiar with the technical aspects of the xbox video system. With that said, the company that makes this adapter seems shady to me. They claim in the description that it works for 1.6 xbox, but these versions can't do VGA, so unless there is some kind of alien tech in these things, or horrible up-scaling/de-interlacing, that throws up a red flag for me.

This post has been edited by xboxmods2977: Aug 19 2011, 06:46 PM

Heimdall

• Archived User
Vga Woes For Me....
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 11:53:00 AM »

It looks like a composite to VGA converter, just like an external converter but missing out the Xbox composite cable. Even on a 1.0-1.5 Xbox that's the only way it could work as described, because you need a modded Xbox with a custom BIOS to output VGA, and the description doesn't mention modding at all.

I'd try it on a 1.0-1.5 Xbox just to check, and with a different VGA monitor (it could be a resolution mismatch between the monitor and the VGA converter). If it still isn't working it's probably faulty, plain and simple.

This post has been edited by Heimdall: Aug 19 2011, 06:54 PM