xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Vga Cable.  (Read 111 times)

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Vga Cable.
« on: September 10, 2010, 01:12:00 AM »

The purpose of the LM1881 chip is to eliminate the need for a SOG monitor. This mod produces an output signal that is standard VGA compliant. Yes, the frozen cable utilizes this chip so if you cannot find the LM1881 or do not want to build a cable yourself, you buy the frozen cable.

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Vga Cable.
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 07:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(xoramos @ Sep 10 2010, 10:19 AM) View Post

I see how it is.

And from memory, this produced a crisp image in 420p so it'll look shit if I get an HD or widescreen monitor?

You may be thinking of the PS2. The xbox can display resolutions up to 1080i. The resolution in-game however, varies depending on the max resolution of the particular game.

A dual bios is needed to have a choice to play on a VGA monitor (VGA bios loaded) or a standard television (non-VGA bios loaded).

The method in which you set up a VGA bios depends on your current xbox setup, IE softmod, TSOP flash or modchip.

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
Vga Cable.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 10:55:00 PM »

Which one?

xoramos

• Archived User
Vga Cable.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 01:46:00 AM »

Might I add that it's a PAL console, but there's a program on there to display stuff in NTSC I think.

xoramos

• Archived User
Vga Cable.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 03:34:00 AM »

I'd edit, but it wont let me!

Ahh, I think the different BIOS for the chip is changed by flipping the switch on the chip? I don't want to have to open the xbox and flip a switch each time to change BIOSes?

Or will it be changed inside the xbox.

xoramos

• Archived User
Vga Cable.
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 05:43:00 PM »

Again I can't edit - slash some off my post count or w/e.

I've been thinking, if this frozen cable business works only in NTSC how will I play all of my PAL games? Or does this already switch it.

Still wondering how to update ones BIOS to support this vga cable. Idk about 'the usual places' and all the posts I see on XS forums are over 9000 days old :'[

Heimdall

• Archived User
Vga Cable.
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2010, 05:56:00 PM »

I doubt that there are any 9000 day old posts (X-S isn't that old)..... but many of the older posts contain really useful information about game regions and VGA BIOSes and "the usual places" - as do some of the newer ones.

Modded Xboxes will play games from all regions.

You update the BIOS to give you VGA output by flashing a VGA BIOS, using Evox to do the flashing.

If you want two BIOSes (one normal and one VGA) without opening the Xbox, you have three options:

1. Take the switch from the chip and extend it to the outside of the Xbox.
2. Fit a different chip with an external switch (Xecuter 2.6 or Xecuter 3)
3. Use PBL from your dash to load the BIOS you use least often.

Actually, there may be a 4th option. If your non-VGA TV uses a composite connection, then you should be able to get away with just using a VGA BIOS. When you plug in your VGA cable you should get VGA, when you plug in your original composite cable then the Xbox should revert to standard composite. It should be easy for you to check.

hansen55

• Archived User
Vga Cable.
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »

I don't get what you are doing, except you can watch PS3 on the TV, and computer on the projector.

The TV or PS3 has no VGA out.

The Projector may support component on VGA input, so you can try one of those cables.

If your computer has a video capture card or tuner card, you can use that to input PS3 video to the computer.
==============
IWC Pilot TOP GUN Chronograph replica
podiatrist San Antonio