xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: V1.0 Board With No Audio  (Read 78 times)

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
V1.0 Board With No Audio
« on: May 23, 2010, 07:27:00 PM »

As the topic title states I have just acquired an Xbox mobo (board only, no HD or DVD) version 1.0 and it has no sound, even during flubber.

I know my cables are good.
I know the AVIP port is good (continuity from red and white plugs to avip pins on bottom of board good).
I know my TV is good  biggrin.gif

I did a little research online and found that apparently, the xbox 360 has lots of sound issues.  biggrin.gif

I vaguely remember a post here about a sound issue and the O.P. had to replace a transistor but I think that issue was regarding a 1.6.

Also, I know the xbox supports DTS but if memory serves correctly, the analog audio signal could not be disabled via MS Dash, but even so having no HD connected, I don't see how such a setting would stick.

Any ideas? Thoughts? Opinions?
Semi-coma?
Common issues?

Thanks

If I can't revive the board, I can always use the ram I guess.  smile.gif

Alex548

• Recovered User
V1.0 Board With No Audio
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2010, 07:50:00 PM »

Are you using a genuine MS A/V cable?

Some HD A/V cables and 3rd party cables didn't always work.

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
V1.0 Board With No Audio
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 09:48:00 PM »

Yep.

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
V1.0 Board With No Audio
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 02:09:00 AM »

I fixed it guys, Thanx for the help.

For future reference, This is what I did.

Near pinhole 15 of the LPC on the bottom of the motherboard, there are 2 traces that run directly next to this hole. The trace closest to the pinhole had been severed in a botched modchip removal/installation attempt.
I soldered a wire from point "A" to point "B" and the sound works.

The weird part of the whole thing is that pins 1 through 6 still had the factory applied solder. Pins 7 through 16 were the holes that had been tampered with. Maybe a sloppy repair by MS? Or maybe a case of someone who knew absolutely nothing about nothing trying his/her luck at installing a chip? I dunno. It's fixed anyway.

Cheers!

EDIT: PIC
IPB Image
The trace closest to the pinhole was severed.