xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: A/v Signal Cuts Out Intermittently W/ Hd Cables  (Read 89 times)

PsychoNavigator

• Archived User
A/v Signal Cuts Out Intermittently W/ Hd Cables
« on: April 21, 2010, 11:06:00 PM »

So I went and bought some HD Cables for the xbox, since the wifey and I bought a new HDTV. They look great, no bends or kinks... but ever since using them, I've been experienceing the occasional signal dropout. We'll be watching a program or playing a game and bam, the signal just disappears for a second then comes back on. I never had this happen with the standard cables, and at first I just thought it might be the connection to my server as it's wireless, But games do the same thing as well. It occurs mabe one every 10 or 15 minutes, but it's annoying.

Anyone ever have any experience with this?

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 12:22:00 AM »

You need to work out if the problem is with the component output from the Xbox, or the component input to the TV. At this stage based on your information each is equally likely. If you have another device with component output, try that in the same inputs you currently use for your Xbox, or alternatively try your Xbox in another HDTV.

PsychoNavigator

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 01:41:00 AM »

QUOTE(Heimdall @ Apr 22 2010, 04:22 PM) *

You need to work out if the problem is with the component output from the Xbox, or the component input to the TV. At this stage based on your information each is equally likely. If you have another device with component output, try that in the same inputs you currently use for your Xbox, or alternatively try your Xbox in another HDTV.

Good call. I bought a set for my ps2 as well, so I'll experiment by swapping connections at the TV and report back.

PsychoNavigator

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2010, 06:30:00 AM »

QUOTE(PsychoNavigator @ Apr 22 2010, 05:41 PM) View Post

Good call. I bought a set for my ps2 as well, so I'll experiment by swapping connections at the TV and report back.

Okay, swapped terminals and the same thing. Very infrequent, maybe once every 15 minutes or so...

Any suggestions? Would I possibly need to adjust the cache to a larger amount on one of the settings in there? This occurs with video streaming from my tower as well as games loaded from the internal HDD.

Heimdall

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 07:53:00 AM »

If the PS2 works but the Xbox doesn't then (obviously) the problem is with the Xbox or its cables. It's unlikely to be a cache size problem, because games still work and because if the cache is empty the screen freezes and stutters, it doesn't blank.

When the signal drops out while you are playing a game, is it just the video that disappears, or is it the audio as well?

PsychoNavigator

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 11:54:00 PM »

Okay... paying closer attention, and it seems like it's just the video that seems to cut out...

No idea if this helps anything along. Also I was wrong about it cutting out on the screensaver, does it there too.