xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Headphone Jack Output?  (Read 109 times)

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
Headphone Jack Output?
« on: March 03, 2008, 10:36:00 AM »

Alright, I seen it on here years ago, but I cant seem to locate it. I was wondering how to add a Headphone Jack to my Xbox so that I could listen to the through my Headphones? Anbody have the Shcematic for it? Thanks?

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
Headphone Jack Output?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 08:25:00 PM »

Bump...

Nobody knows about this...? I know I seen it done somewhere, but I cant find it...

Master-D

• Archived User
Headphone Jack Output?
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 11:58:00 AM »

Hello . I have topic like yours but no one know  how to make this out . In my topic only you can und this :
the xbox won't be able to drive your headphones directly, it only has signal output for sound. you would need some kind of amplifier. maybe you could pull apart an old pc speaker (amplified) and use the guts of that to run your headphones
Here is the topic ( don have a big helpful inf ) : http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=643207

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
Headphone Jack Output?
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2008, 12:57:00 PM »

Yeah, I already seen that. But a few years back, I seen a thread with a schematic and everything on how to do it. I think I might just try it on my own and see what happens. I think all I need to do is just run the Audio wires from my AV board to the proper connections on the Headphone port. I'll try it later on tonight.

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
Headphone Jack Output?
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 12:22:00 PM »

Alright I just figured out a way to run the Headphone Port sitting in class right now:

1. So your going to need to install the Standard AV Mod on your Xbox.
2. Take the Audio Plugs and plug them into (IMG:http://rsk.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pRS1C-3148993w345.jpg).
3. Then plug that into (IMG:http://rsk.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pRS1C-2801065w345.jpg) and plug up your headphones into the leftover port and you got sound.
4. Dont worry about the other Jack hanging around.

This post has been edited by Infamous Ob: Mar 7 2008, 08:23 PM

yaywoop

• Archived User
Headphone Jack Output?
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, 08:15:00 PM »

ok i tried it myself to see if it will work. i just hacked together some sockets i had lying around to convert the RCA to 3.5mm socket.
it does actually work, supprisingly. but it seems that the right audio is not as loud as the left. maybe this is because its not designed to run headphones directly (the xbox would only contain a preamp)

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
Headphone Jack Output?
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2008, 12:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(yaywoop @ Mar 8 2008, 09:51 PM)  

ok i tried it myself to see if it will work. i just hacked together some sockets i had lying around to convert the RCA to 3.5mm socket.
it does actually work, supprisingly. but it seems that the right audio is not as loud as the left. maybe this is because its not designed to run headphones directly (the xbox would only contain a preamp)

Show me a Schematic. and try chaging the sound output inthe dash. Make sure it's not on Surround Sound or Mono.

yaywoop

• Archived User
Headphone Jack Output?
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2008, 04:14:00 AM »

its sorta too simple for a schematic but here is one
simply conncect right to right  and left to left
(IMG:http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa189/yaywoop/xbsnd.gif)

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Headphone Jack Output?
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 04:32:00 AM »

The sound quality will be horrible, and not loud enough.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money on a quality headphone amp (which i'm sure is the case, seeing as you're going about hooking headphones up straight to your xbox) i recommend getting  a cheap headphone amp ($40) and plug your headphone into the amp.

modderguy791

• Archived User
Headphone Jack Output?
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2008, 09:14:00 PM »

Im doing something like this for a mod right now. What it is, is i tore apart a Monitor-mountable Dell PC speaker and it had 2 headphone ports and the amp and blah blah blah.

The on/off Switch/Headphone jacks,and DC Plug are easily movable to the back but now my question remains.

Where are the Left/Right audio grounds?!?! also ive heard that when the audio is grounded to something else even when the A/V cord is in you get no audio? is this true or what?