xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Got Component Cables - No Image Now  (Read 54 times)

Vegan

• Archived User
Got Component Cables - No Image Now
« on: February 03, 2020, 03:28:00 PM »

I'm using UnleashX as my default dashboard and XBMC as an additional application. It's the setup described in this article: http://lifehacker.com/software/geek-to-liv...nter-299809.php

Everything worked great using the standard composite cables: Both dashboards, DVDs, games, everything. Then I  got the component cables made by Monster Cable.

Now with these cables there are certain instances in which there's no video image whatsoever (just a black screen). If I go into the video settings and enable 480p, 720p, or 1080i in UnleashX, UnleashX will not appear on the screen. If I try to play a game, there will be no image (I'm assuming the Xbox detects HD cables and automatically goes to 480p). If I start XMBC, there will be no image; hell, if I start my NES emulator the same thing happens.

DVDs still work, so I assume it's playing those in 480i.

I know my TV will accept these resolutions over component because I have prog-scan DVD players, a PS2, and the HD cable box that all work fine with it.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? Do I perhaps have some weird setting? I really don't want to be stuck with regular a/v cables. The situation really bites because I can't even play a game if I want to now.

fattymc

• Archived User
Got Component Cables - No Image Now
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(Vegan @ Oct 16 2007, 05:28 PM) View Post

I'm using UnleashX as my default dashboard and XBMC as an additional application. It's the setup described in this article: http://lifehacker.co...nter-299809.php

Everything worked great using the standard composite cables: Both dashboards, DVDs, games, everything. Then I  got the component cables made by Monster Cable.

Now with these cables there are certain instances in which there's no video image whatsoever (just a black screen). If I go into the video settings and enable 480p, 720p, or 1080i in UnleashX, UnleashX will not appear on the screen. If I try to play a game, there will be no image (I'm assuming the Xbox detects HD cables and automatically goes to 480p). If I start XMBC, there will be no image; hell, if I start my NES emulator the same thing happens.

DVDs still work, so I assume it's playing those in 480i.

I know my TV will accept these resolutions over component because I have prog-scan DVD players, a PS2, and the HD cable box that all work fine with it.

Has anyone heard of this happening before? Do I perhaps have some weird setting? I really don't want to be stuck with regular a/v cables. The situation really bites because I can't even play a game if I want to now.

what is ur tv make and model?