xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Vga Internal Sync Mod Howto  (Read 236 times)

stevewal

• Archived User
Vga Internal Sync Mod Howto
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2009, 04:40:00 PM »

oops my fault.
It does work, I just got a loose wire first time around.

Now what I'm wondering is if there is any way to get rid of the washed out green tint. My one monitor looks ok but the other one displays too green and bleached.
I've noticed that there's a switch on the vd-z3 to alter this affect. I'm wondering what it does, and if I could somehow put a filter of some kind on the green signal to remedy it. I'm going to have a search around, and see what I can come up with.

stevewal

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2009, 01:32:00 PM »

Oh it looks like frostys bios works fine, but linux does'nt. So I either need to somehow change cromwell or the linux frame buffer settings. Or somhow find some hardware solution for full compatibility. None of these alternatives look particularly easy so I think I'll give up for now. Lol.

xboxmods2977

• Recovered User
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2009, 02:43:00 PM »

That is the same problem I ran into.
I have the Sync on Green setup and everything works great on my monitor exept 2 things. The first Matrix game, and Gentoox (my preferred xbox linux distro).

I tried a few different bios/mode combinations and still couldn't get linux or the game to work. Pitty being that Gentoox it is a computer operating system, and Enter the Matrix claims to be 1080i, yet I am forced to view them on a crappy TV.

I gave up too until I either a buy a frozen cable(not likily unless amazon decides to stock them) or buy a LM1881n(even less likily).

Good luck stevewal.

This post has been edited by xboxmods2977: Feb 25 2009, 10:46 PM
Pages: 1 2 [3]