xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 720p X264 Mkv File Issues When Tryign To Watch Them  (Read 81 times)

Slav

• Archived User
720p X264 Mkv File Issues When Tryign To Watch Them
« on: May 14, 2007, 07:57:00 AM »

Hi All,

I am hoping someone can help me here.

I have a v 1.1 XBOX a PAL one, and when I tried watching the show it was cutting in and out of it and stopping. So then I thought it was a network issue so I transfered the file to the xbox and run it from there, still the same problem. So then I came here to see what i am doing wrong, I read here that I needed to change my Xbox to be a NTSC rather then PAL, have done so and in the MS Dashboard chnaged that i can watch 480 and 720 Video settings also changed setting in the XMBC.
I then go into the Avalaunch screen afeter rebbboting and the whole screen looks like it has a ghost image, has a double  to it and not clear. I have a LG 42 Inch Plasma and I am using the HD Pack running Component straight to the TV. No matter what setting I use I still have the ghost screen. Also when I try to run the movie my screen kind of improves but still stops and so on, so I cannot watch anything. I beleive I have tried allt he different ideas that are presented here and I am not sure how to proceed. Any extra help would be great. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thanks Slav

FrostyTheSnowman

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 08:19:00 AM »

AFAIK, the XBOX is not powerful enough to run 720p MKV video, which is why it has issues playing...  sad.gif

Slav

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 08:50:00 AM »

QUOTE(FrostyTheSnowman @ May 14 2007, 03:55 PM) View Post

AFAIK, the XBOX is not powerful enough to run 720p MKV video, which is why it has issues playing...  sad.gif

Ah ok , well that makes sense then.... I will see how i go on the 360 then. I got it to play on that but over a wireless network, so that was too slow, will chuck it on the uSB stick and see how it plays. Thanks for that ... Frostythesnowman.