xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bnc->component Female Connectors.  (Read 75 times)

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
Bnc->component Female Connectors.
« on: July 29, 2006, 05:36:00 PM »

Hello all,
   I recently bought a Proxima AV PRO 9320 off Ebay http://www.engr.wisc...dfs/9320ds2.pdf (specs) , this one is top notch, professional grade, I plan on selling it however, but right now I'm just looking for a cable adaptor to go from BNC male to component female.  

My question is: is this BNC M to RCA F the adaptor I want to get?  And do I just stick the component cables into those three adaptors when I put them into the BNC F on the projector?

Thanks for the help, and if your interested in the projector PM me, I hope to be playing some 360 soon with it cool.gif .

drleephd

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 02:52:00 AM »

more specificly, BNC video (RGBHV) is not easily converted to Component (yCrCb)
you can by the neoya x2vga (about $60) which will convert any High def component output to VGA. Then get a VGA to HD15 cable.

if you are using a 360, you can get a cable
here (ebay link) is the cable you need for $8.39 +S&H. I can't guarantee that it's a quality cable but anything for the 360 sold retail is ungodly expensive.

Good luck.

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 05:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(drleephd @ Jul 30 2006, 03:59 AM) View Post

more specificly, BNC video (RGBHV) is not easily converted to Component (yCrCb)
you can by the neoya x2vga (about $60) which will convert any High def component output to VGA. Then get a VGA to HD15 cable.
if you are using a 360, you can get a cable
here (ebay link) is the cable you need for $8.39 +S&H. I can't guarantee that it's a quality cable but anything for the 360 sold retail is ungodly expensive.

Good luck.

Thanks for all the helpful info.  Although at the moment I am having to borrow my friends 360 and yeah I just use the VGA for it and set the resolution to 1280x1024, I think it looks better even if it's scaled from XGA.  

So right now I have an Xbox with component cables, and I'd like to use them through the BNC connections, do you think I will see any signal degrading or interference if I use the BNC Male to RCA Female adaptors?  

I am buying a custom made VGA cable from pimpmaul69, so I guess it sort of nulls the BNC anyways but...

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 08:36:00 PM »

Ok, I have the X2 5035 patched with RGB Bios Patcher, so it should be all good.  Thanks for the help people!  smile.gif

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 01:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(fahrenheit @ Jul 30 2006, 07:45 PM) View Post

RCA to BNC adaptors will work fine. You will however need a VGA BIOS inorder to get correct colour.

Wait, what I gathered above was that for the R G B H V I would need a VGA bios.  But with just the regular BNC->Component adaptors I don't think I do need a VGA Bios.  

Because my projector has the two inputs RGBHV, and  Y, Cr, Cb, which is component.  So it would just be like running component cables from my Xbox to a regular HDTV.  Except I would put the adaptors in and put the cables in accordingly.  

Like DrLeep said
y = luminance (green component cable)
Cr = Chrominance Red (red cable)
Cb = Chrominance Blue. (blue cable.)
So no VGA Bios there I believe...