xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Neoya X2vga 2  (Read 118 times)

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Neoya X2vga 2
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2006, 01:31:00 AM »

QUOTE(Meccadeath @ Apr 25 2006, 09:54 PM) View Post

Look nitpicker .........IPB Image

1080i, 1080p you know what i mean. Yes Amped 2s highest res is 720p not 1080i but MX unleashed runs at 1080i.

Funny  biggrin.gif

But 1080p is a hell of a lot different then 1080i in terms of picture quality.

kaldek

• Archived User
Neoya X2vga 2
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 05:13:00 AM »

QUOTE(www4 @ May 16 2006, 02:47 AM) *

I just got an X2vga2 for my xbox (1st gen). It happends to be a hacked xbox (smartxx v2), and I am doing somehting wrong with the x2vga, or it is broken. i cant get it to work on anything, not my new 21" samsung lcd, not my friends 60" samsung plasma.

Has anyone got this to work on a hacked xbox (i.e. be able to see the bios loader and dashboard)?
I can't understand how to switch the output resolution to a higher mode away from 480i, b/c all i get is a blank screen when i try to use this thing.

oh yea, and neoya wont help me a bit, i've sent 5 emails to their sales team and no response.

thanks for any help!
www4

You have a European Xbox don't you - a PAL model, right?  You need to conver the Xbox into an NTSC model by running ConfigMagic and changing your TV mode and region to "NTSC, Region 1", then saving the EEPROM again.  The blank screen is because the Xbox is outputting 576i (720x576 - PAL resolution) and the X2VGA2 has no idea what the heck that is.  When you go into the Dashboard and select Settings-->Video, does it mention "PAL-60"?  If so, the Xbox is in PAL mode.

I won't go into how to use ConfigMagic.  Google it what I used, and I found the answers quickly enough.

This post has been edited by kaldek: May 23 2006, 12:14 PM

Denus

• Archived User
Neoya X2vga 2
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 11:03:00 AM »

Even these changes will not help a bit: I got the same problem, and my X2VGA 2 is useless.
My modded XBox 1.6 pal doesn't show anything on the flatpanel, even in NTSC mode, progressive and I don't know how many other tricks and settings...

mrdan

• Archived User
Neoya X2vga 2
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »

QUOTE(Meccadeath @ Apr 17 2006, 08:25 AM) View Post

I just received my brand new Neoya X2VGA2!  It was shipped via airmail from Hong Hong or some place. I got it in less then two weeks.

Works and looks great! Crystal clear HDTV modes on my computer LCD and regular monitor.
I can only use 480i on the LCD however. But thats only because it (my LCD) doesn't support the other resolutions.

Thanks for advertising! You should be banned.

Devedander

• Archived User
Neoya X2vga 2
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ May 16 2006, 08:38 AM) View Post

Funny  biggrin.gif

But 1080p is a hell of a lot different then 1080i in terms of picture quality.

Not always

http://en.wikipedia....come_true_1080p

dalesd

• Archived User
Neoya X2vga 2
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2006, 11:54:00 AM »

Hi.

Neoya sent me a broken X2VGA2.  I have tried contacting them many times at [email protected] and [email protected] and haven't gotten any response at all.  It has been two weeks now.  I email them almost every day.

I'm trying to work this out with them, but it's hard when the're ignoring me.  Maybe some of you could help me.  I am looking for a person's name to contact, a phone number, snail-mail address, and any email addresses you might have for them.

Please let me know if you can help me contact them.

The Zep Man

• Archived User
Neoya X2vga 2
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2006, 04:52:00 AM »

Their domain is registered using a 'proxy'. This is "risk avoiding behaviour" and I wouldn't even trade with these type of companies, especially when it is hard to find any contact information.

The only thing I can find on their site is this:

If any question, please contact with us at [email protected]. For technical supports, please send an email to [email protected]. Please be sure to specify your original order number of six numbers in your email subject (ex. SN214066. If you are not sure of your order number, please refer to the title in every notification you received from neoya.com). Also, for prompt response, please briefly indicate your problem by some key words in the subject of your email. Thank you!

dalesd

• Archived User
Neoya X2vga 2
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2006, 07:51:00 AM »

QUOTE(The Zep Man @ Jul 13 2006, 06:23 AM) *

Their domain is registered using a 'proxy'. This is "risk avoiding behaviour" and I wouldn't even trade with these type of companies, especially when it is hard to find any contact information.

The only thing I can find on their site is this:

Thanks, Zep.  I emailed those addresses lots of times with no response.

I'm going to file a criminal complaint through the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/ and I'll use the Domains By Proxy address.  DBP will keep your information private, but when Johnny Law comes knocking, they sing like a canary.

This is good.  It's better than trying to use the information on the shipping label as the address.

I have learned a lesson here.  Part of that lesson includes not trusting PayPal anymore.  (At least not outside of ebay.)  I'm going to delete my bank account from my PayPal profile, and only use it with credit cards from now on.

beowulfx

• Archived User
Neoya X2vga 2
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006, 10:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(Denus @ May 23 2006, 04:34 PM) View Post

Even these changes will not help a bit: I got the same problem, and my X2VGA 2 is useless.
My modded XBox 1.6 pal doesn't show anything on the flatpanel, even in NTSC mode, progressive and I don't know how many other tricks and settings...

You probably fixed it by now, but maybe it will work for other people

Have you tried the following?

To enable 480p without seeing what you doing! make sure the component cable is connected and boot to the xboxdash (no game disc in) Hit down 3 times(to make sure you are on settings), then A, down 3 times(to Video), then A, down once (to 480p), then A, then left once (to Yes), then A, and finally B twice to pop back in the main menu.

After that, the L + R + both thumbsticks. and oure Xbox will now be putting out 480p.

It worked for my pal xbox.

dalesd

• Archived User
Neoya X2vga 2
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2006, 07:23:00 AM »

Good news for me.  Neoya finally responded to my emails, and they say they'll replace it.  I need to send it back and they'll send me a new one after they receive it.

It'll cost $15 to send it back, but whatever.

notonxbox

• Archived User
Neoya X2vga 2
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2006, 09:03:00 AM »

Hope you can help - I've been told my set up is the best display i'm going to get but wondered if the x2vga will improve things.

I have the hd pack from xbox - the componenet sockets are connected to a component to vga cable which goes into the back of my projector (only vga and s-vid on my projector). Have enabled the higher res using enigma. A 720 game sure does look better than it did before.

So will the x2ga be of any benefit to me?

Coldfire

• Archived User
Neoya X2vga 2
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2006, 10:47:00 PM »

How can you order one anyway? Their site says they are sold out and gives no date on them being available again!

youloseagain

• Archived User
Neoya X2vga 2
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2006, 05:56:00 AM »

We regret to inform you that the X2VGA 2 is already out of stock. In order to provide better performances and compatibility, in the days coming up, we will focus on making partial reforms and adjustments to the present X2VGA 2. The enhanced X2VGA 2 will be released about 45 days later.

45 days later...
That was like 2 months ago sad.gif
Also, as an added worry, the website still says "Copyright 2005 Neoya"
Uh oh?

edwinmcdunlap

• Archived User
Neoya X2vga 2
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2006, 03:02:00 PM »

What do they mean by "enhanced"?

dalesd

• Archived User
Neoya X2vga 2
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2006, 03:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(youloseagain @ Aug 6 2006, 08:03 AM) View Post

Yeah, it's said:
45 days later...
That was like 2 months ago sad.gif
Also, as an added worry, the website still says "Copyright 2005 Neoya"
Uh oh?

Hi.  Perhaps you aren't up on the current events with Neoya.  Let me tell you about my experience with them.I bought an X2VGA2 from Neoya on June 22, 2006.  It arrived about a week later on July 2, 2006.

The current 'out of stock' message went up on the website in early July, around July 9th, IIRC.  That was about 30 days ago.  It hasn't been 45 days yet.
Pages: 1 [2] 3