xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ypbpr Component Inputs Vs. Ycbcr Component Inputs  (Read 35 times)

IBeBangin

• Archived User
Ypbpr Component Inputs Vs. Ycbcr Component Inputs
« on: December 06, 2005, 07:39:00 PM »

Hey Gamers,

I had an issue hooking up my Xbox with the Xbox Hi-Def AV Pack to my Emprex 32' LCD HDTV at first but i found that the problem wasn't the MS Dash video settings. Iit was that i pluged the cabels in the wrong set of component inputs. On the back of my TV it has inputs for two sets of componet cables. One set says YPbPr Component Input w/ audio and the other says YCbCr Component Input w/ audio. Now if i plug the cables in the YPbPr input i can get the hi-def quality. If i plug the cables into the YCbCr input i don't and i get screen flicker. I was just wondering if any of you peeps have experinced this and do you know what the difference is between the two?

Thanks,

IBeBangin

Mr Ed

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 07:52:00 PM »

I could be remembering wrong but I think YCbCr only supports up to 480p, so not HDTV on those inputs.

Dreamcazman

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 01:21:00 AM »

I thought that YCbCr was for component interlaced signals only and YPbPr had support for progressive signals.

IBeBangin

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 04:53:00 PM »

Dont know fellas....but it seems that if a lot of people are having problems with their HD settings and blurring they may want to change the component connections from YCbCr to YPbPr if they have them. That may solve their problem. And since i have only one component connection for YPbPr and i have an Xbox,PS2, and a DVD player with component cables i bought the HD Coponent Selector Switch by Pelican from Circuit City for $25 and the clarity on all three devices are fine.

Kenosto004

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 10:07:00 AM »

My TV specs are here does this mean that my TV will support both P and I in the same channels?

http://secure.syntaxgroups.com/products/sp...jsp?pid=lt26hve

Mr Ed

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »

YCbCr is older for non-HD signals.  I believe it will do 480i and 480p and that's all.  I don't think most TVs you buy today have YCbCr dedicated inputs anymore.  IMHO you probably will never use the YCbCr inputs if you do have them.