xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Compaq 13" Laptop Monitor  (Read 298 times)

Devastater

• Archived User
Compaq 13" Laptop Monitor
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2005, 10:49:00 PM »

ok, i want to make an attachable lcd screen on my xbox and im in way over my head, ive got an extra old laptop lcd screen laying around and figured id try to hook it up to the xbox and use it as a portable screen.......could i use a vga hookup to use it or r the signals or cables just altogether different?
well, seeing as i don't really know what im really talking about could someone just tell me if there is a way to do this?

thanks

Mr Ed

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »

dry.gif

flashfreak

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2005, 05:58:00 PM »

Hi all,

I have a 13" laptop monitor i pulled off an old Compaq Armada 4160T laptop. From what I remember, its still in good condition and can run up to 800x600.

I thought it might be useful to get mounted on top of my slimcase, cos otherwise i'll just sell it for a few bucks on ebay. I have read around a bit and think i just need an LCD controller and the X2vga to plug into it and the box.

I dunno much about LCD controllers, i've looked around but can't find much useful info. In the pinned topic in case modding, it says its not impossible so i wanna give it a shot. I think  i just need to plug one end of the lcd controller into the laptop screen and the other into the x2vga.

The screen just has 2 ribbons come off it. Both gold, One is just a big ground ribbon with a metal tag on the end and the other has a 50 pin 2 row connector. This is what I'm unsure of, as i don't know if this is common and will work with lcd controllers.

Any help would be great, i'd love to get this going. Not looking to spend heaps but if its possible then i'll definately give it a shot.

Thanks!
Pages: 1 2 [3]